El Shaarawy and City

I find it hilarious how people who are saying "OMG YUSH!!! NEYMAR'S WORLD CLASS OMG <3" in the Neymar thread respond to the notion (probably not even true) of us bidding on a player in a big league who has scored 15 goals in 24 games from primarily a left-sided role in such a negative way. It's sad that people would prefer a footballer who they've (probably a few exceptions) only seen in Youtube videos and vs. England over someone who has put his team's attacking force on his back in a respectable league.

I'm not saying we should be spending 45 million on him, but it bothers me how people are backing a bigger move for a less proven player (Neymar). If we're spending 45 million on one player, it should be Cavani in my opinion. I'd rather we spread the money out and get multiple players though.

oasismcfc10 said:
I find it hilarious how people who are saying "OMG YUSH!!! NEYMAR'S WORLD CLASS OMG <3" in the Neymar thread respond to the notion (probably not even true) of us bidding on a player in a big league who has scored 15 goals in 24 games from primarily a left-sided role in such a negative way. It's sad that people would prefer a footballer who they've (probably a few exceptions) only seen in Youtube videos and vs. England over someone who has put his team's attacking force on his back in a respectable league.

I'm not saying we should be spending 45 million on him, but it bothers me how people are backing a bigger move for a less proven player (Neymar). If we're spending 45 million on one player, it should be Cavani in my opinion. I'd rather we spread the money out and get multiple players though.

So you would rather buy e.g. Garcia for 16 mil, to spread it out? Another Sinclair or Rodwell also perhaps?!

oasismcfc10 said:

I'm sorry but Neymar is already a nailed on starter for Brazil at 21. If that isn't proof enough of talent I don't know what is. Shaarawy is having his first good season, albeit in a better league. He's talented but I think there's far more proof of Neymar's talent than there is his.

Joe hart's itchy scalp said:
oasismcfc10 said:

So you would rather buy e.g. Garcia for 16 mil, to spread it out? Another Sinclair or Rodwell also perhaps?!
Where are you getting that from lol? I never said we should buy mediocre players. I'd like to see us address our needs eg. deep-lying playmaker. We may need to sign multiple useful players in order to do this. Do you have a different plan in order to do this?

SuperYaya said:
oasismcfc10 said:

I'm sorry but Neymar is already a nailed on starter for Brazil at 21. If that isn't proof enough of talent I don't know what is. Shaarawy is having his first good season, albeit in a better league. He's talented but I think there's far more proof of Neymar's talent than there is his.
You have a good point, and I agree that Neymar has shown everyone that he is very skillful, tricky, and talented. I'm just not convinced that his playing style would translate over into the English game as well as it could in Liga BBVA. The thought of our club spending that much money on Neymar makes me very nervous and a bit excited as well to be honest. My mind says it's far too big of a risk, but I'm also very curious to see how he'll do in a big league. If we do go all in on a big player, I'd like it to be either Falcao or Cavani.

rumor of a 35m offer for el shaarawy by city.

stay the eff away, you arseholes :)

ps: sorry been gone so long... away on business for a while now.. not hiding

JoeMercer'sWay said:
£20m max.

very young, so I udnersstand where you're coming from.
problem is, it's been verified that Milan turned down 30m from Napoli in January, without batting an eyelash.

I dont think Milan will sell him, period... unless an absolutely obscene number comes in. Which I dont think it will.

Hasn't his form dipped since Mario arrived? There seems to be quite a commotion about his drop in form on Italian websites.

He isn't worth that sort of money for me. As someone said, £20million is a more realistic value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.