El Shaarawy

ACMilan said:
LoveCity said:
Reus is a superior talent who could cost similar - or less if we wait a year and he doesn't update his Dortmund contract. Reus scores similar (but hasn't had a half year barren patch like SES), assists more, completes more dribbles, completes more key passes, completes more accurate crosses. The only thing SES has on Reus (both are left-sided forwards BTW which is why I compare) is his pass accuracy is better.

based on the fact that this was El Shaarawy's first starting season, and he's only 20 (compared to Reus, at 24).. I dont think Id say Reus is the superior talent.

Currently yes, but at 24, I expect SES to be ahead of where Reus is

Picture SES w 4 more years experience

And what if he doesn't progress? It happens a lot. SES actually went backwards in the second half of the season which isn't a great sign, can we say for sure he'll improve on what he was the first half of the season next year? I'd have Reus here all day over SES, he is also young and would bring more to the table right away.

LoveCity said:
And what if he doesn't progress? It happens a lot. SES actually went backwards in the second half of the season which isn't a great sign, can we say for sure he'll improve on what he was the first half of the season next year? I'd have Reus here all day over SES, he is also young and would bring more to the table right away.

It's possible.

But honestly, the only thing that regressed for SES was his scoring in the 2nd half. His workrate was spot on. Came back to defend like a madman (which is the REAL debate Id like to have, as he was hung out to dry by Allegri - burned SES out having him act as second Left Back, for a dysfunctional Constant and garbage midfield). Finsihing aside, he was still very good, and had some injuries prevent him from being his former self.

Right now, no doubt Reus is better - But I have very high hopes

When Laudrup came to Swansea he brought Michu.

I know there's a different management structure at City, but it's possible that Pellegrini will have identified player(s) from Spain/South America that we are not thinking about

One lesson we should have learned is that you can't have 4 star strikers in a squad and keep them happy for more than 12 months

We've lost Adebayor, and balotelli and Dzeko got very fed up last season. Maybe we need to bring in a young and upcoming footballer who would not expect to start week in week out. A Caicedo (but not Jo!)

Can he be the plan b if Isco deal fails..? younger and and had good season last season. Could have done equally good if he played in under 21s. He is different sort of player, but could have good impact and goals??

bonespost said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
really dont get why milan would want to sell him
Because they signed a much better player,big lad used to play for City can't remember his name at the mo.

so they can only have one good striker ???

why not have him and balotelli upfront.

Marvin said:
When Laudrup came to Swansea he brought Michu.

I know there's a different management structure at City, but it's possible that Pellegrini will have identified player(s) from Spain/South America that we are not thinking about

One lesson we should have learned is that you can't have 4 star strikers in a squad and keep them happy for more than 12 months

We've lost Adebayor, and balotelli and Dzeko got very fed up last season. Maybe we need to bring in a young and upcoming footballer who would not expect to start week in week out. A Caicedo (but not Jo!)

I pretty much said this yesterday but it got lost in the Isco shitstorm.

We've already missed out on some of the next generation S. American talent.

Ocampos, Caballero and Dybala are at Monaco, Porto and Palermo.

You've got to be really fast if you want to get in ahead of the clued up European teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.