El Shaarawy

I'd rather activate Reus' release clause or wait and see if El Shaarawy can repeat last season; his goalscoring has dropped dramatically. Milan will want silly money and Reus can replace Nasri, play left wing or where Aguero plays.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
I'd rather activate Reus' release clause or wait and see if El Shaarawy can repeat last season; his goalscoring has dropped dramatically. Milan will want silly money and Reus can replace Nasri, play left wing or where Aguero plays.
Agreed. Either of Reus or Draxler would do it for me.

Sir Joe Aguero said:

I could be wrong but I think the presence of Balotelli coming shattered El Shaarawy's goal scoring momentum going into the second half of the season for Milan.

Either that or he burnt out with him being still very young and inexperienced.

I do agree though with Reus or Draxler, one of those two should be on our radar next year. The only issue with Reus would be if Dortmund have a really good CL season and we don't, why would he leave for us when Dortmund are doing better in Europe than us?

sam-caddick said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

I could be wrong but I think the presence of Balotelli coming shattered El Shaarawy's goal scoring momentum going into the second half of the season for Milan.

I do agree though with Reus or Draxler, one of those two should be on our radar next year. The only issue with Reus would be if Dortmund have a really good CL season and we don't, why would he leave for us when Dortmund are doing better in Europe than us?
We can offer more money. If he's not at all interested in leaving, we should go all in for Draxler. He should be available next summer.

Kladze said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Agreed. Either of Reus or Draxler would do it for me.
This, the perfect choices for our left side. Unless Jovetic overachieves in that position.

Kladze said:
sam-caddick said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

We can offer more money. If he's not at all interested in leaving, we should go all in for Draxler. He should be available next summer.

I agree with the money offerings, but for me I would like a player to join us because he actually wants to play football for us and not just come here for a pay rise.
My pick

My pick would be Draxler out of the two as I believe he can be better than Reus when he reaches his age.

Barcon said:
Is this quote not true then?

"El Shaarawy is now in his third season at San Siro. He has scored 18 goals in 61 League games for the Diavolo".

No, it's very true.

But like I said, he's only had ONE full season with us (last season)

2 seasons ago he had just arrived, and played a small handful of games, mostly subs roles late into games

this is season 3 here (but it JUST started) and he looks to be back on track - scored a few in preseason, and in UCL<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:26 pm --<br /><br />
Matt.D said:
Milan have undoubtedly become a selling club over the past 5 years and all the big clubs in Europe know it. If anyone lodged a bid of over £30m they would force the lad out wether he wanted to leave or not.

a) there have been offers in excess of 30m for him. officially.
b) no they can't FORCE him out, that's what a contract is for.

Whether he stays long term or not, who knows... hard to turn down insane amounts, especially if he repeats this year. He and Balotelli have looks SPLENDID together since preseason, and are really starting to click.

Point is, he has a LONG term contract with us, and has blocked more than one move on his own. He loves Milan. And I hope he blocks moves for as long as he wants to stay

ACMilan said:
Barcon said:
Is this quote not true then?

"El Shaarawy is now in his third season at San Siro. He has scored 18 goals in 61 League games for the Diavolo".

No, it's very true.

But like I said, he's only had ONE full season with us (last season)

2 seasons ago he had just arrived, and played a small handful of games, mostly subs roles late into games

this is season 3 here (but it JUST started) and he looks to be back on track - scored a few in preseason, and in UCL

-- Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:26 pm --

Matt.D said:
Milan have undoubtedly become a selling club over the past 5 years and all the big clubs in Europe know it. If anyone lodged a bid of over £30m they would force the lad out wether he wanted to leave or not.

a) there have been offers in excess of 30m for him. officially.
b) no they can't FORCE him out, that's what a contract is for.

Whether he stays long term or not, who knows... hard to turn down insane amounts, especially if he repeats this year. He and Balotelli have looks SPLENDID together since preseason, and are really starting to click.

Point is, he has a LONG term contract with us, and has blocked more than one move on his own. He loves Milan. And I hope he blocks moves for as long as he wants to stay

Officially who bid over £30m for him? Sure, someone may of bid for him but at that price he would no longer be at AC. How many top players have you sold over the past 5 years & how many of them truly wanted to leave Milan?

Matt.D said:
Officially who bid over £30m for him? Sure, someone may of bid for him but at that price he would no longer be at AC. How many top players have you sold over the past 5 years & how many of them truly wanted to leave Milan?

Only teams i can imagine offering that amount are Chelsea and Madrid. Frankly they're more successful than we've ever been right now so if he wouldn't move to either of them he wouldn't want to play for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.