Elano Staying?

Sorry this is a bit of a ramble of jumbled up thoughts.

Spursmad said he is definately leaving.

He was in the Brazil squad just before the last world cup but then had trouble at his club in Russia, did not play games and it cost him big time in missing out on the World Cup. If you were in his shoes would you risk that again?

In the last third of the Season just gone when Hughes gave him more of a chance he played every bit as well as Ireland. We are nearly all agreed that Stevie is the next "Galactico" in waiting and the obvious successor to "Fat Frank", Gerrard,Xavi etc. Therefore we know he is a fantastic player to have here.

If we get most of our targets in - Tevez, Eto'o, Terry or Lusio or Lescott chances are we play a Barcelona style 4 -3 -3 system. Why then do City fans post on the Board next season are team should be ??? and then list a midfield three with two of the following in the Midfield three. Kompany,Barry, De Jong, Zab etc. How much protection would a back four like that need against the Blackburns, Boltons, Hulls etc of the Premiership especially at Home.? Play Stevie and Elano together with a strong back four behind them and the other team might as well rest players because they would get murdered.

How much truth in the rumours that he is a bit of a troublemaker?

If he left can anybody think of a similar like for like replacement or will Tevez, SWP, Weiss, Ireland and possibly Micheal Johnson be more than adequate in that area.

I really hope he stays and I hope he plays more games than he misses.

Would rather have Elano in the team than SWP. Also I reckon that as we sign better quality players Elano would become more effective - he would link up better with Robinho and Tevez than with Benjani and Fernandes for example...

Trevski said:
Would rather have Elano in the team than SWP. Also I reckon that as we sign better quality players Elano would become more effective - he would link up better with Robinho and Tevez than with Benjani and Fernandes for example...

I know he played in SWP's postion a few times but he has not enough pace or tackling ability to be a consistent threat there.

His position is is the central attacking midfielder. Stevie Ireland is miles ahead of him in the pecking order for that position.

Trevski said:
Agreed.

What i like about Elano is his work rate, tracking back when we lose the ball and his tackling. All essential for good midfield players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.