Elano Staying?

If he's on top of his game & his attitude gets sorted then he's better than SWP by a mile. And that's not having a dig at SWP as I love the little fella, it's just the way I see it. There is going to be less & less room for sentiment at City in the coming years.

Cheesy said:
If he's on top of his game & his attitude gets sorted then he's better than SWP by a mile. And that's not having a dig at SWP as I love the little fella, it's just the way I see it. There is going to be less & less room for sentiment at City in the coming years.

You can't compare. They are different players with totally different abilities.

SWP is better at running at people, Elano is a better passer. It isn't like for like.

Didsbury Dave said:
Cheesy said:

SWP is better at running at people, Elano is a better passer. It isn't like for like.

I agree with you in that sense mate, I just feel that when both are on top of their game, Elano offers more (though admittedly this isn't as often as we would like).

Didsbury Dave said:
Cheesy said:

True but they might well find themselves competing for the same position in the team if Elano stays...

Elano may be worth keeping, as long as he doesn't upset the dressing room atmosphere.
His quick thinking and passing ability, matched with the quality that is most likely to be in the team next season, will be unplayable and not many teams will be able to cope with us, especially at home.

wearethesouthstand said:
personally i'd love elano to stay and fight for his place. swp, petrov, santa cruz, richards, onohua will all have to.. some (home)he may start, most he'll come off the bench but what a player to com off the bench and unlock a defence, lets sell shite like fernandes first !

the fact is that fernandes puts in more effort than eano (hamburg and couple of others aside). still there would be no upside in selling elano as we have cash, unless he was part of a deal for maicon and in that case ill pay for his plane ticket

If he was happy being a squad player, I'd be more than happy for him to stay just can't see it though, which is a shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.