Elano

RockawayBeach said:
Pam said:
I was talking to someone abut the Dunney Monster earlier today. I know plenty of blues were clamouring to get rid and the pathetic media, in all their wisdom, were calling him a bag of shite and crowing good riddance, but it annoys me that Dunne was on record as saying he would fight for his place if dropped to the bench and was not given the opportunity to do so. Why could we not have taken him up on this kept him in reserve in case (a) we needed cover for that position, which turned out to be true) and (b) in case he managed to re-establish his form and essentially resurrect his career with City. He didn't win fan's player of the year in three successive seasons by being shite and it isn't as if we needed the money. I also agree with the OP that we should have kept Elano. Hughes made no effort to keep him on side. Granted he was a sulker and a shit stirrer but I get the impression that he could have been managed better by the Hughes regime. And not to drag it all up again but since we already have, I think the Hughes inadequacies are only becoming more obvious the longer he's been gone and go beyond mere tactical ineptitude. We have the Dunne and Elano issues, and there is the questionable decision to sign RSC, knowing his injury record and knowing that he was already turning into another Owen bloody Hargreaves. It might have been different if we'd bought RSC as a panic measure in the January window but Hughes had the entire summer to think about this and yet he went ahead anyway. I'm a bit surprised he got approval from the people whose money he was wasting on that one. Come to that and for similar reasons, the Lescott transfer could go the way of RSC, if certain people are to be believed about him being another crock. The jury is out on this one, I admit, but what a horror show it will be if the doubters are right about this.

Pam, this is bang on... Top call...

Whisper it, rockaway, but could it be that the number of Hughes Inners are diminishing by the week.

Pam said:
Freestyler said:
H, another player hughes fucked off like he did with Dunny,

I was talking to someone abut the Dunney Monster earlier today. I know plenty of blues were clamouring to get rid and the pathetic media, in all their wisdom, were calling him a bag of shite and crowing good riddance, but it annoys me that Dunne was on record as saying he would fight for his place if dropped to the bench and was not given the opportunity to do so. Why could we not have taken him up on this kept him in reserve in case (a) we needed cover for that position, which turned out to be true) and (b) in case he managed to re-establish his form and essentially resurrect his career with City. He didn't win fan's player of the year in three successive seasons by being shite and it isn't as if we needed the money. I also agree with the OP that we should have kept Elano. Hughes made no effort to keep him on side. Granted he was a sulker and a shit stirrer but I get the impression that he could have been managed better by the Hughes regime. And not to drag it all up again but since we already have, I think the Hughes inadequacies are only becoming more obvious the longer he's been gone and go beyond mere tactical ineptitude. We have the Dunne and Elano issues, and there is the questionable decision to sign RSC, knowing his injury record and knowing that he was already turning into another Owen bloody Hargreaves. It might have been different if we'd bought RSC as a panic measure in the January window but Hughes had the entire summer to think about this and yet he went ahead anyway. I'm a bit surprised he got approval from the people whose money he was wasting on that one. Come to that and for similar reasons, the Lescott transfer could go the way of RSC, if certain people are to be believed about him being another crock. The jury is out on this one, I admit, but what a horror show it will be if the doubters are right about this.

we still are wasting money on that one :(

agree good post, lets just hope Ade proves a good buy.

Pam said:
Freestyler said:

Dunne was poor last season, getting rid of him was the right thing to do IMO. Do not get me started on Elano, waste of space. His good games were collectors items. Elano made his own grave to lie into. I don't care if he hated Hughes or not, its called a job, and its called reality. Loads of people find themselves working under a boss they may really dislike. Whats the solution? Sulk and give a half arsed effort? If everyone did that the world would grind to a halt. Its called being professional, and Elano showed zero of that, hence he's playing in Istanbul with Lucas Neill, and a League where Vassell is revered.

To me this thread is just another pointless excuse to have a pop at Hughes. You got your wish the guy has gone, what more is there to say? If we don't finish top 4 are we just going to blame Hughes, and say the reason we failed is because of no Dunne or Elano?

Pam said:
Freestyler said:

It might have been different if we'd bought RSC as a panic measure in the January window but Hughes had the entire summer to think about this and yet he went ahead anyway. I'm a bit surprised he got approval from the people whose money he was wasting on that one.
===

This could be what cost him his job?

levets said:
This could be what cost him his job?

One of the many reasons I expect. It was written in a more reliable paper a few weeks back that Marwood was opposed to the RSC, Ade and Lescott signings. RSC and Lescott because of injury problems IIRC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.