Elano

Weston Blue said:
Unfortunately all of our Brazilians (players rather than muffcuts) all displyed the charicature, steroetypical chracteristics we might have expected. Robinho, Elano and Jo, I am sure are all fantastic talents, but in reality none of them has ever shown it consistently at City or anywhere else as far as I can see (although I ma not sure how Elano is currently doing). The have all come across as lazy, can;t be arsed types. Yes, there have been occasional games that refute this (Elano vs Hamburg at City for instance), but I am not sure that they have anyone to blame for their predicaments but themselves.

I will always support any player in a City shirt and therefore will back Robbie, but am I sorry to see the back of Elano and Jo - no. Was their fate Hughes' fault - no it was theirs although i concede that Hughes was not a man to suffer fools gladly. Now it is up to to Robbie to extract a digit from his backside and show us he is a world class player. I am sure he is, but cannot say he has shown this whilst playing for the club I support.

what about geovanni?

Freestyler said:
He would walk straight into this team now, another player hughes fucked off like he did with Dunny,

When Ireland is not playing the creativity and midfield is at loss and it's empty, Elano would of slotted into this team no problem and under mancini he wouldn't of been a naughty boy!

Yes he gone, who's Elano? but he's another player we stupidly got rid of.
Biggest load of shit ive heard all day pretty much sums up the this site at the moment

Freestyler said:
He would walk straight into this team now, another player hughes fucked off like he did with Dunny,

When Ireland is not playing the creativity and midfield is at loss and it's empty, Elano would of slotted into this team no problem and under mancini he wouldn't of been a naughty boy!

Gelsons Dad said:
This is what I posted when I heard Elano was gone

Gelsons Dad Post subject: Re: How will robinho react now elano has gone!!Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:59 am

Knowing the Brazilian temperament very well having spent the last 6 years working with them I expect Robbie to have a crap year and predict people will be saying get rid by the end of the year. This was a very strong move by MH who better not fall out with any of our new players or we are fucked.

I stand by it. The Welsh **** couldn't manage Elano and it's cost us Robinho.

No it hasn't. Robinho has himself alone to blame for his poor performances. I'm sick of people making excuses for him "He's not a left-winger, Hughes hates him, he will play better as a striker, his best mate Elano has gone". If your saying no Elano is the reason Robinho has been poor, then he is a pretty weak individual, who can't stand on his own 2 feet.

Freestyler said:

Waaaaaay off the mark mate

The Fat el Hombre said:
Freestyler said:

Waaaaaay off the mark mate

ive noticed he hasn't set the world alight in turkey either!

Ireland is probably irreplaceable, like Scholes was at United, no-one wants to play understudy to Ireland, because you cant, if you lose a player with injury you cope. I think we have

LCBblue said:
You have to be kidding pal?

Elano would have just been more meat for Fellaini to gobble up in the midfield. We don't miss him, we miss his passing and his ability to play well once in every 15 games.

This.

Elanos temperament was suspect, usually when he was roughed up he would start to snap and loose the plot.

If your gonna play Barry and deJong as holding midfielders, you need someone playing in front of them to connect to the attack. We didnt have that Saturday. I agree with a lot on here that we missed Stevie.

Freestyler said:

This is a top call mate...absolutely right, & these guys who disagree with you are on another planet...Elano was ruined by MH, sure he wasn't as consistent in his second season, but let's face it, his manager didn't know how to get the best out of him...some would have him chasing every ball like Tevez...not Elano I'm afraid...what an absolute waste of talent letting him go....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.