Elano

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
he'd unlock these defences we're struggling to, we need a playmaker.
I was under the impression that Silva was a playmaker

he's nowhere near his best and he can't do it on his own as he's proved.

Unless he starts playing like Messi we can't rely on just one player.
I don't think we can rely on arsey brazilians that don't like the weather either. Also if we sold silva tommorow he would be courted by the top clubs. We openly put elano on sale and he ended up at fenerbache.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I was under the impression that Silva was a playmaker

he's nowhere near his best and he can't do it on his own as he's proved.

Unless he starts playing like Messi we can't rely on just one player.
I don't think we can rely on arsey brazilians that don't like the weather either. Also if we sold silva tommorow he would be courted by the top clubs. We openly put elano on sale and he ended up at fenerbache.

I don't want Elano back lol, I'm just saying some more creative flair, particularly in a deeper role would make us a lot more cutting edge, along with pacy wingers who are good technically and have an eye for goal, so we have a definitive plan B.

Stood out at the time but wouldnt be anywhere near the current squad. He cant be as good as people make out because look what hes done with his career.

Too lazy could have been much better

ell said:
He cant be as good as people make out because look what hes done with his career.

Sounds just like he is from Brazil. Oh, he is.

Players from Brazil seems to peak a few years earlier than everyone else... Maicon is another example. Best rightback in the world for a few years according to alot of people, right? Today he could be third choice - at Manchester City!!

Hahaha... Still sounds weird sometimes....

Used to drive me mad when Hughes would play SWP centre mid, and then Vassell on the right wing. Neither of those players were even close to Elano in terms of technical ability. He was a joy to watch most of the time and maybe wouldn't start in today's team, would still have got playing time. Better than Nasri? Possibly.

Watching him and Michael Johnson linking up, was probably some of the most enjoyable football i've seen us play.

We were a decent team, but as a club we were still at a top 6-10, rather than title challengers, so each game seemed to carry more hope than exceptation.

The Boro game stands out, think Elano got a brace that game.

The cookie monster said:
A whinging twat who went moaning to sky and giving interviews when he was dropped.

"Hello?"
"Alright lads, it's Elano. Not been playing much recently, fancy an interview?"

Not quite feasible, is it?

There's some rose tinted specs on this thread.

Elano was a shit house, he had 3 or 4 admittedly very decent games for us, a load of average ones and a fair amount where he may as well not have been on the pitch.

He obviously had talent but he had no interest in applying himself.

The cornrows haricut was the last straw for me. Knob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.