Electric cars

If you did under 30 miles a day then would you run it purely off electric? Does it need charging or is it self charging? Im really torn what to do next as my current lease is up in Jan. I looked at an e-golf, but the range is only 120 miles on it so thats just not practical. I dont do a lot of miles, probably only 100-150 a week but every now and then i do longer drives so would need range.

Absolutely, i do all my local driving purely on electric and then Hybrid for work. It's a plug in Hybrid but the regenerative braking is very good and largely contributes an extra few miles to your range. My car tells me every day I can do about 24 miles but by the time I get home I've used about 30 due to reclamation.

If you program the sat nav to your destination it'll use electic and petrol automatically to give you the most efficient journey, or you can just put electric mode on and it will jump to petrol when you run out.

You have to get into the mindset of charging ready for every journey, even if visiting friends or relatives, ask if you can plug in. Takes about 4.5hrs to charge full from empty using a 3 pin plug, or if you have a 7kw charging point, about 3hrs.

I have a Model 3. Best car I've ever driven. Once you get used to it you won't go back. Best analogy I heard was that getting Tesla is kind of like the switch from PC to Mac, for any computer geeks out there.

We don't do more than around 10k miles a year though and live in a major city that is well serviced with electrical points. I think if I had to drive more and go to more remote places then I'd defo way up my options and would probably punt for a Hybrid.

The one thing they don't tell you in the Tesla shop though is just how much their cool, and incredibly useful, features drain the battery. The car has eight cameras and if you are parked and have "sentry mode" switched on it will record whenever someone or something comes too close to your car. Now if you're parked in a busy car park it's recording every 20 mins and absolutely drains your battery over say eight hours!

Surely a hybrid is the way to go until they sort out the range and charging infrastructure.
Absolutely, i do all my local driving purely on electric and then Hybrid for work. It's a plug in Hybrid but the regenerative braking is very good and largely contributes an extra few miles to your range. My car tells me every day I can do about 24 miles but by the time I get home I've used about 30 due to reclamation.

If you program the sat nav to your destination it'll use electic and petrol automatically to give you the most efficient journey, or you can just put electric mode on and it will jump to petrol when you run out.

You have to get into the mindset of charging ready for every journey, even if visiting friends or relatives, ask if you can plug in. Takes about 4.5hrs to charge full from empty using a 3 pin plug, or if you have a 7kw charging point, about 3hrs.
What does in cost in leccy if you plug it in at home..?

Tesla are looking at cheaper cars in the next few years. Nio should hit the European market at the end of the year too for a more affordable electric vehicle as well.

I wouldn't buy an electric vehicle here because our harsh winters cut the range more than half (my bro has a model S) anxiety range would kick in for me

I have a Model 3. Best car I've ever driven. Once you get used to it you won't go back. Best analogy I heard was that getting Tesla is kind of like the switch from PC to Mac, for any computer geeks out there.

We don't do more than around 10k miles a year though and live in a major city that is well serviced with electrical points. I think if I had to drive more and go to more remote places then I'd defo way up my options and would probably punt for a Hybrid.

The one thing they don't tell you in the Tesla shop though is just how much their cool, and incredibly useful, features drain the battery. The car has eight cameras and if you are parked and have "sentry mode" switched on it will record whenever someone or something comes too close to your car. Now if you're parked in a busy car park it's recording every 20 mins and absolutely drains your battery over say eight hours!
Pc to mac?

So the graphics and games are shit?

That’s my worry!!

ignore it , it’s bollocks.

i have a Tesla and you can charge it from your plug socket at home if you want (you only get 9 miles per hour). Nearest supercharger to me is 8 miles away but there is a generic fast charger 2 miles away and a whole host of other charging options nearby.

unless you live on a remote island you will be fine.

DM me and I’ll answer any questions you have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.