Electric cars

New take I had never thought off is safety of lone motorists whilst charging.
Nice story about Pep if you scroll down too - I didn't know he drives a Nissan Leaf (the cynic in me reckons he has some other cars as well though).

Why would employers pay to install charging points (and the electricity costs) for employees?
That might depend on the business. I'm currently working with a global company that has charging points for its employees in the car park - and has had those for a few years now - but it's in a technical industry and want to position itself as a leader, so having high tech solutions for its employees makes them feel more a part of it. They had a visit from a solar powered car a few weeks back but sadly I wasn't on site that day.

bought the new CH-R hybrid. Very fuel efficient, and bought it due to lack of EV points. Theres simply not enough to be shared, esp here in Rotterdam.

That might depend on the business. I'm currently working with a global company that has charging points for its employees in the car park - and has had those for a few years now - but it's in a technical industry and want to position itself as a leader, so having high tech solutions for its employees makes them feel more a part of it. They had a visit from a solar powered car a few weeks back but sadly I wasn't on site that day.
Yeah I can't see our place doing it anytime soon, I'd love to be a fly on the wall as someone proposes it to the gaffer though! haha

Comedy post...
I am thinking of replacing my electric car with a petrol one and have a few questions..
1. I have heard that petrol cars don’t refuel at home while you sleep, which seems a bit inconvenient. How often do you have to refuel elsewhere ? Is this several time a year ? Will there be a solution for re-fueling at home ?
2. Which parts will I need service on and how often ? The car salesman mentioned a box with gears in it, oil filters, oil changes... What are these?
3. Can I accelerate and brake with one pedal as I do today with my electric car ? This makes driving easier and stops my brakes from wearing out.
4. Do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill ? I assume so but I need to ask to make sure ?
5. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator pedal until it began to accelerate. Is that normal in petrol cars ?
6. I currently pay about 2-3p per mile to drive my electric car and do about 20k miles per year. I hear petrol can cost 5 or more times so Iet’s hope more people will start using petrol so prices go down.
7. Is it true that petrol is flammable ?! Should I empty the tank and store the petrol somewhere else while the car is in the garage ?
8. Is there an automatic system to prevent petrol from catching fire in an accident. What does this cost ?
9. I understand that the main ingredient in petrol is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil causes massive environmental problems as well as conflicts and wars that over the last 100 years may have cost millions of lives ? Is there a solution to this ?
10. I have heard that cars with internal combustion based engines are being banned to enter more and more cities around the world, as it is claimed that the tend to harm the environment and health of their citizens ? is that true ?
11. For a few grand can I install a zero carbon petrol refinery on my roof to replace the solar panels used to recharge my current EV?
12. Can the petrol be recycled/reused once used up just like the batteries in an EV can?
I may have more questions later but these are the most important ones to me at the moment. Thank you in advance for your reply.

In that article, I read this.

We’re going to need 1.7 MILLION by the end of the decade and 2.8 MILLION by 2035, at an estimated cost of £16.7BILLION, say industry experts. And we’re going to need millions of cheap EVs that everyone can afford.

Why is it going to cost 16.7bn, that seems to be a hell of a lot to connect some electricity points around the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.