Electric/Hybrid Cars

Agreed but would it not start with converting the power stations to be 'green' (or whatever source is feeding our power points) and then produce the vehicles to follow?

Probably.

It’s a huge undertaking and I am more aware than ever of fumes walking through town from diesel cars so it’s also that health risk we need to remove from our cities. We do need more wind and wave generated plants but they will come in time.

We do need more wind and wave generated plants but they will come in time.

I was watching an Attenborough the other day, and in Colombia (IIRC) they have mostly hyrdo-electric, but the dams and the ensuing flow-changes have a massively detrimental impact on wildlife, loads drown each year when the release the overflow and the rivers fill unexpectedly.

We have to start somewhere.
The start would be closing down certain roads in every town and city to cars and making them cycle only. Traffic would be so horrendous on the other roads that more people would walk, cycle or use public transport.

Another start would be taxing all cars to such a level that it wouldn’t be worth having one if you only live 5 miles or less from work so more people would sack off their cars and start walking, cycling or using public transport.

I’ve recently sacked off my car. If you’d told me to do that a year ago I’d have thought you were mad because “I need my car though”. But not all of us really need a car. Especially people who live in towns and cities. I’ve not had one for two months now and I don’t even think about the fact I don’t have one anymore. I just walk everywhere or get the bus. I have a bike that I’ll use when the weather improves.

I was watching an Attenborough the other day, and in Colombia (IIRC) they have mostly hyrdo-electric, but the dams and the ensuing flow-changes have a massively detrimental impact on wildlife, loads drown each year when the release the overflow and the rivers fill unexpectedly.

estuary barrier schemes have a similarly bad effect on river life.

Has anyone reviewed/looked into the new electric Mini?
Petrol Ped on YouTube has done a very comprehensive review of the build process and the car, it looks and sounds brilliant other than a real world range of 120-140 miles (I think that's what he says).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.