Electrician help please.

nw42 said:
Had a visit from British Gas this week, problem with the central heating boiler (Baxi Combi 105), he plugged something into the socket and informed me that there is a problem with the earthing, the form he left with me says 'resistance to earth' is the problem. He advised me to contact a spark for further help.

Fortunately he did repair the boiler, which I suppose he could have declined to do, unsure. Anyway, the problem he fixed has reoccurred, so I need to call them out again, I suspect they will refuse to fix it until I sort out the earthing problem.

Just wondering, is it something I can do myself with the guidance of some kind soul on here, or do I need to get a spark out to it, if so is it likely to be a major job.

cheers in advance mooners, appreciate any help.

He did put one of those yellow warning stickers on it but I removed that so as not to scare our doris.

Edit;, perhaps I should have added that I'm unemployed after being made redundant just before Christmas and my wife will probably leave me sometime soon. I don't have any kids though and I don't wear purple trousers. Other than that I'm just as needy as corky, hope this helps my cause.

Just get your Doris to try the suggested solutions. If she gets electrocuted you'll know they were misguided.

Without an earthquake or a lorry crashing into the house i fail to see how the socket can suddenly become un-earthed?

If nobody has touched the socket since BG put the boiler in (?) then surely their 'plan' should cover the socket as well?

Well first off there will always be resistance to earth unless it magically flies through the cleanest air known to man kind, its how high that resistance is that lets you know if its dangerous.
Secondly with hardly any info on what it could be and you not being confident enough I would get a sparks in who in all likelihood will tell you BG are talking shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.