Electrician help

Assume some with more sector knowledge than I will already have recommended burning your house down, then building new using a decent electrician on board with the insurance money?

New problem.
The spring in a dimmer switch has died. Light is stuck on. Any suggestions short of fitting a new switch?

New problem.
The spring in a dimmer switch has died. Light is stuck on. Any suggestions short of fitting a new switch?
You could take the bulb out when you don’t want the light on and put it in when you do, creating a switch further round the circuit.

New problem.
It's usually the plastic mechanism behind the spring that breaks rather than the spring itself. It could be repairable, but you're better off just replacing the switch.

New problem.
If you really don't want to fit a new switch, use the mcb supplying the lighting circuit as a switch, it will probably turn off more than just the one light, saving you on all the other switches.
Either that or torch the gaff claim on the insurance and use the money to buy a new switch as others have suggested

If you really don't want to fit a new switch, use the mcb supplying the lighting circuit as a switch, it will probably turn off more than just the one light, saving you on all the other switches.
Either that or torch the gaff claim on the insurance and use the money to buy a new switch as others have suggested
I was just looking for a temporary solution until a new switch was installed. I’ll try switching off the circuit but that will probably leave the kitchen in darkness by controlling the other lights.
Torching appears to be the only sensible solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.