Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a decent enough bloke but he's simply not good enough on the ball for my liking and his positional sense from what i can recall left a lot to be desired. If we can get £15 million for him from somebody i'd bite their hands off.

I would keep him this season as our fourth choice centre half. I don't see the point in spending money on a centre half that may struggle to adjust to the league.

Surely the Mangler is good enough for the fourth CB spot?
He's more than good enough to be in the rotation. I will really be annoyed if we drop 35m on a fourth choice CB when we have Mangala. And besides with this fucked up market, how much of a CB do you get for 35m anyway?

Barcelona want Inigo Martinez, essentially would put us out of the running. Dont see a 4th mysterious CB unless we go back in for VVD for £50m+, which would be fucking nuts.

That being said, Mangala should 100% stick around with the team, for what he brings that we lack form Otamendi/Stones when dealing with the physical strikers of the league. Pep can help iron out his mental shortcomings and with all the training he's had the last month he surely must be improving his passing skills with the drills Pep has for the team.

He's more than good enough to be in the rotation. I will really be annoyed if we drop 35m on a fourth choice CB when we have Mangala. And besides with this fucked up market, how much of a CB do you get for 35m anyway?

All day, he has his limitations, but he has more in him than most when it gets physical. We have 10 other fancy dans to pass the ball about.

All day, he has his limitations, but he has more in him than most when it gets physical. We have 10 other fancy dans to pass the ball about.

Exactly. The pros of keeping him far outweigh the cons.

Nobody is better than him for 4th choice CB. If we bring in a foreign CB it will cost 20-30m plus they will have to adjust to the league and may be a liability in the beginning.

Mangala is a great option for us. Has pace and is physical. Will be perfect for some games.

The only issue is that he'll have one year left in his contract at the end of the season if he stays. But if we're getting 5m for Fernando we could get easily get 10m for him next summer.
No point in loaning him again, either try to sell for around 20m or keep him for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.