Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, another thing he proved today - he's quick.

He always was in his first stint, last week people were calling him incredibly slow, but I think what they were seeing is the reverse of the old Cruyff saying "if I anticipate and start moving a second before you, I look quicker".

A few times this season he's looked slow, but at one point today he reeled in a United break from a corner and definitely showed some gas.

Very impressive performance today. I still think Pep will probably offload him in the summer, but Mangala is an admirable professional. Always very complimentary of his teammates and manager, talking about working hard as possible to get a chance to help the team, and I genuinely think his passing is night and day better than last season. Not opposed at all to Elia getting the start against Swansea.

Ironically, he would probably fit in well at United.

It was a smart move by Pep to introduce him early in the second half to combat the aerial threat of Lukaku and later Ibrahimovic.

Lukaku, Ibra, Costa. The types of players he bosses. It's the Shane Long's & Nathan Redmond's that he struggles against.

Performed very well in an intense scenario to be thrown in.

As others have said his professionalism is second to none - think we're all willing him to do well here, but it seems unlikely he'll ever be a fit, unfortunately.

Hopefully his big performance today will give him the confidence to believe and get better.

I openly call him dross, I openly don't rate him as good enough but today when he came on he saved us at times.

Well played to the big man, I hold my hands up today.

Ironically, he would probably fit in well at United.

It was a smart move by Pep to introduce him early in the second half to combat the aerial threat of Lukaku and later Ibrahimovic.

It was a smart move. Perhaps he isn't as pissed off with him as he looked last week. I can't see Mangala being here much longer but he did well today so fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.