Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Even if Porto are getting Bruno Alves, has anybody thought that they need to replace Otamendi?

They sold him to Valencia in January and will no doubt be in need of replacing him.

FantasyIreland said:
Porto have just signed a winger,Adrian,for 15m Euro.I doubt they would spend the entire Fernando money on one player,unless they have a fair bit more to play with......?
Talk of them re signing Bruno Alves off Fenerbahce as well Martins Indi, so they certainly think Mangala is going somewhere.

You have got to believe the club has been given the right signals from both the player and the agent..city are very astute now in the market and don't go chasing players who have no interest in joining us (like the rags did with fabregas last yr)

You also have to consider that we will be following Barcelona's footballing philosophy of being able to adjust and being able to make a profit on players. They've just paid a ridiculous fee on one player, but covered it with two sales. If Denayer etc make a mark and we feel they are better than what we have, then we can sell Mangala who will be young himself, and make us a lot of money. Benatia is at his peak but there is no value in his signing, apart from obviously the success we may have with him in the centre.

Mangala can be tied to a lengthy contract and can go up in value. If Rekik etc make it good we can then decide whether we look to sell him for a profit and use that money on other areas, or keep him and loan/sell younger players. With the transfer limit and financial fairplay I think there has been a completely different outlook on signings this season. We bought Demichelis, Negredo, Ferny and Navas last season - non of which will sell for more than we paid. This season we have bought Caballero for a fair whack, gained cover with Sagna for free and bought Fernando who will go up in value ideally. I think Mangala will come to the club to follow in that mould.

Look at our squad and whilst we don't want to sell anyone, there aren't many players we have who are young and expensive. Aguero and Kompany probably the only two. Yaya is only worth anything this season in my opinion.

supercity88 said:
You also have to consider that we will be following Barcelona's footballing philosophy of being able to adjust and being able to make a profit on players. They've just paid a ridiculous fee on one player, but covered it with two sales. If Denayer etc make a mark and we feel they are better than what we have, then we can sell Mangala who will be young himself, and make us a lot of money. Benatia is at his peak but there is no value in his signing, apart from obviously the success we may have with him in the centre.

Mangala can be tied to a lengthy contract and can go up in value. If Rekik etc make it good we can then decide whether we look to sell him for a profit and use that money on other areas, or keep him and loan/sell younger players. With the transfer limit and financial fairplay I think there has been a completely different outlook on signings this season. We bought Demichelis, Negredo, Ferny and Navas last season - non of which will sell for more than we paid. This season we have bought Caballero for a fair whack, gained cover with Sagna for free and bought Fernando who will go up in value ideally. I think Mangala will come to the club to follow in that mould.

Look at our squad and whilst we don't want to sell anyone, there aren't many players we have who are young and expensive. Aguero and Kompany probably the only two. Yaya is only worth anything this season in my opinion.

You are completely right, tried to talk people into sense with a similar mindset, but people tend to don't care as it's not their own money but City's money.

I completely agree with the poster above.

The club have worked hard and invested heavily to make us successful both on and off the pitch. Now we're in a strong position we can start becoming sustainable and hopefully profitable. We don't have to pay huge sums of money for short term fixes, we can invest sensibly and although there are never any guarantees in football try and ensure we get a good re-sale value if a player leaves us. I imagine both Mangala and Benatia would want a 5 year contract, at the end of those Mangala would be 28 and Benatia 32, so the potential is there to get a good re-sale value on Mangala if one of the kids progresses which is the idealistic scenario.

jollylescott said:
I notice that Simon Mullock (who is a blue) made the valid point on twitter that it must be concerning that Mangala was behind Sakho in the French defence pecking order.

So was Koscielny. And Debuchy was ahead of Sagna. The Geordies I know reckon Debuchy is shit

ElanJo said:
jollylescott said:
I notice that Simon Mullock (who is a blue) made the valid point on twitter that it must be concerning that Mangala was behind Sakho in the French defence pecking order.

So was Koscielny. And Debuchy was ahead of Sagna. The Geordies I know reckon Debuchy is shit

And Sissoko was ahead of Nasri

bluechampion7891 said:
ElanJo said:
jollylescott said:

And Sissoko was ahead of Nasri

Not on ability but purely on the fact Deschamps believed Nasri would be a bad influence

ILCSBrasil ‏@ILCSBrasil 53m
O Chelsea faria uma proposta de £ 32 milhões pelo Mangala, zagueiro do FC Porto. Uma oferta de £60 milhões pelo Pogba (+)

Google Translate ...

Chelsea make an offer of £ 32 million by Mangala, defender of FC Porto. An offer of £ 60 million for Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.