Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Sojib_citizen said:
Citizen August month is coming, but when mangala's signing will be official? is today the day for his official announcement? i can't bear anymore.......

well today would make sense? 1st of the month so if we wanted him to report on the 4th august then we start paying his wages now. announcement today and he can finally get cracking!

Transfer thread going to get a lot slower after Mangala is confirmed!;)

City's business done after centre-back addition, explains Soriano

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-fc-pre-season-tour-7546695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ur-7546695</a>

The Blues CEO has revealed that Manuel Pellegrini will not dip into the transfer market again once he has further bolstered his defensive options.
Manchester City's summer transfer business will be complete following the addition of a centre-back, Ferran Sorriano has revealed.

The Blues have added depth in a range of positions by bringing in Bacary Sagna, Fernando Reges, Willy Caballero and Bruno Zuculini thus far.

But their plans have been somewhat restricted by the Financial Fair Play sanctions handed down by UEFA, which dictate that they can only spend a certain amount and must name a smaller 21-man squad for European competition next term.

Despite that, the search for a regular partner for Vincent Kompany goes on, with Roma's Mehdi Benatia and Eliaquim Mangala of Porto most strongly linked.

A move for Mangala looks more likely, after the Frenchman was recently spotted in Manchester, but that deal is likely to be the last completed by Manuel Pellegrini in this window.

"We don't plan season by season, we plan in cycles. And cycles can be three, four, five seasons. One year ago, we knew the positions we wanted to reinforce in the team and we did it," the club's CEO Soriano told the Men In Blazers podcast.

"We have a new right-back, we having a holding midfielder, we'll have a new central defender and that's it. We don't need to sign new players for the sake of it.

"We need to sign players that the team needs because the team has a balance. To win you need to keep the balance.

"Our squad is very strong and it's the second year that they play with Manuel Pellegrini, so they'll do much better."

Monday I'm guessing. The original Portuguese report said he'd arrive on the 4th, it'd make sense.

El Mago said:
for those who didn't watch the deleted Mangala video, here it is. when will City announce the deal now?

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/nSrWmZZG8Js" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/nSrWmZZG8Js</a>

Didn't see if before yet. Looks to me like it's filmmaterial to be used in an introductionfil when the player is officially presented.
Pretty sure it'll be announced next week when the complete team is back in Manchester. And that will be pretty much it, according to Soriano.

Samosa said:
Monday I'm guessing. The original Portuguese report said he'd arrive on the 4th, it'd make sense.
Really strange the FC Porto website have an article talking up their new signings but no mention of Mangala leaving even though he has been removed from the squad list, strange way go carry on, what must their fans think?

whicko said:
Samosa said:
Really strange the FC Porto website have an article talking up their new signings but no mention of Mangala leaving even though he has been removed from the squad list, strange way go carry on, what must their fans think?
The same as us. WTF is going on?

I'm no cynic said:
whicko said:
Samosa said:
Fucking 3rd party things should be banned from football totally.

MeatHunterrr said:
I'm no cynic said:
whicko said:

Totally agree!

Are these third parties actually Jorge Mendes and Jose Mourinho?

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
MeatHunterrr said:
I'm no cynic said:

Totally agree!

Are these third parties actually Jorge Mendes and Jose Mourinho?

Is it really just 3rd parties issues holding this up for the past 3weeks?? Surely if the price is agreed...the % owned by each party should be easy to separate and pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.