Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
bluesince76 said:
Out of interest, why do we need to announce the deal? It does little for us or Porto and could impact on both our other transfer dealings. As long as it's not officially signed, Porto don't need to say anything to the stock market.

The only possible reason therefore for officially doing it is so he can train with us. Since he's on holiday, he won't, so no rush for another week or so. If Sagna arrives and he doesn't follow very quickly, that'll be the time to panic. Until then, everything public suggests the deal is very much done, just requiring a final signature and a trip to Thomas Cook to exchange some Euros.

Hi mate.....Porto legally have to announce all transfers with their stock exchange/share holders....which makes this alittle confusing as we hearing and seeing(citytv video) that deal is done but Porto still haven't reported the sale....

Read what I said - Porto only have to announce it once it's signed. From the medical, the video etc, it's clear the deal is done, but until both parties sign the paperwork, they've got nothing to tell the stock exchange. Maybe they don't want it signed yet to allow them to work on other transfers and we gain NOTHING by actually announcing the transfer. Of we had announced it two weeks ago, we'd have been paying his wages and he'd still be sat in Miami, so what's the rush?

George Hannah said:
richards30 said:
Sojib_citizen said:
LFC USA
@LFCUSA 26m
PHOTO: @mamadousakho3
begins pre-season training
with #LFC in Chicago
pic.twitter.com/6ex0Ktjq3E

While sakho join pre-season camp whereas mangala burn his body in Miami beach.

How the hell can quim join training when we dont own him yet??????
The substance of the poster's complaint is that Sakho has rejoined the Dippers training camp from the French WC squad whereas Mangala remains on his hols (with Sagna) instead of joining ours or indeed Porto's. According to his OS interview Manuel also has no idea whether Eli is on his way here or there either
We have five players who have just returned from their break after the World Cup and another five or six that are still to join the squad. So I think that they are working well and playing well and they have to take their chance.”
actually if he had included Sagna he should have said 6 or 7 ;-)

Hannah you understood my point.
mysterious deal i have ever seen. here only excuses for 3rd party! even Chelsea and monaco were handling 3rd parties deal effectively. number of time they have bought players from benifica and porto.

Yes, it does feel a bit mysterious. Who knows what the real reasons are for the delay

bluesince76 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
bluesince76 said:
Out of interest, why do we need to announce the deal? It does little for us or Porto and could impact on both our other transfer dealings. As long as it's not officially signed, Porto don't need to say anything to the stock market.

The only possible reason therefore for officially doing it is so he can train with us. Since he's on holiday, he won't, so no rush for another week or so. If Sagna arrives and he doesn't follow very quickly, that'll be the time to panic. Until then, everything public suggests the deal is very much done, just requiring a final signature and a trip to Thomas Cook to exchange some Euros.

Hi mate.....Porto legally have to announce all transfers with their stock exchange/share holders....which makes this alittle confusing as we hearing and seeing(citytv video) that deal is done but Porto still haven't reported the sale....

Read what I said - Porto only have to announce it once it's signed. From the medical, the video etc, it's clear the deal is done, but until both parties sign the paperwork, they've got nothing to tell the stock exchange. Maybe they don't want it signed yet to allow them to work on other transfers and we gain NOTHING by actually announcing the transfer. Of we had announced it two weeks ago, we'd have been paying his wages and he'd still be sat in Miami, so what's the rush?

mate...I was pretty much agreeing with you!:) ......Porto haven't announced it to the stock market as there must still be one or two things to iron out before they do....:) hopefully it happens any day now!

just got a bad feeling and i hope i am wrong ,that this one going to go tits up surely the longer we leave it the more he will need to obtain a degree of fitness yet alone formulate a playing system with Kompany IF Benetia HAS agreed to stay then we could be back to square one chasing someone like Agger

aguerooooo said:
just got a bad feeling and i hope i am wrong ,that this one going to go tits up surely the longer we leave it the more he will need to obtain a degree of fitness yet alone formulate a playing system with Kompany IF Benetia HAS agreed to stay then we could be back to square one chasing someone like Agger
If we sign him a week today or if we had signed him the 1st February he wouldn't be able to train with us until the 4th August as Pellegrini gave all the knockout players til then off.

Could it be possible that he failed his medical like Loic Remy did, who was actually in Boston with Liverpool and was going to be officially made apart of a Liverpool when the results came back and then the deal was cut off still the last minute? There was a long delay in their discussions over Remy too.

Hi All,
I haven't seen too much of this guy, are we all happy that City are spending £32Mil on a centre half? Is he really that good, and do we see him sticking around for 6-8 years to make the fee seem better value for money?

MillionDollarDream said:
Could it be possible that he failed his medical like Loic Remy did, who was actually in Boston with Liverpool and was going to be officially made apart of a Liverpool when the results came back and then the deal was cut off still the last minute? There was a long delay in their discussions over Remy too.
In a word, no.

Remy has been with the medical staff for the last few days. Mangala had his medical, passed it, then did a tour of the training ground and went on holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.