Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
paphos-mcfc said:
Already posted, and I know it's you tube, but having watched it, this guy looks class.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_6cx9Q3JA&feature[/youtube]

I admit this is all I have seen of him, but nothing that video makes me think 'let's go and splash 30+mill on this guy. A lot of the stuff on that video is bog standard defending

2hmpppl.png

Can't imagine that Demichelis was seen as any sort of back up option to this guy, which would lead me to believe that, if true, we were and perhaps still are looking for solid competition at CB as well experience and cover, that a guy like Demichelis will bring.

pudge said:
2hmpppl.png

Can't imagine that Demichelis was seen as any sort of back up option to this guy, which would lead me to believe that, if true, we were and perhaps still are looking for solid competition at CB as well experience and cover, that a guy like Demichelis will bring.

id expect a January inquiry/bid on this lad maybe.

leewill31 said:
pudge said:
2hmpppl.png

Not unless Porto are eliminated which I doubt they will be

cmdub said:
leewill31 said:
pudge said:
2hmpppl.png

Not unless Porto are eliminated which I doubt they will be
Agreed, they are possibly in the easiest group... but to see him play against athletic madrid and zenith will show if hes champions league quality.

Mangala On His Way To City?

Manchester City's Manuel Pellegrini eyeing £30m Eliaquim Mangala
MANCHESTER CITY will make a £30million move for Porto central defender Eliaquim Mangala as soon as the transfer window reopens in January.

By Paul Hetherington/Published 8th September 2013

Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala will be approached in a £30 million deal to transfer to Manchester City
New City boss Manuel Pellegrini is planning to steal a march on Chelsea and their bitter rivals across town, Manchester United, who both want Mangala, 22.

The French defender revealed that City made a late approach for him just before Monday’s transfer deadline.

But Porto said that the move was too late for them and would leave them without enough time to source a replacement – although they left the door open for City to return in the new year.

Instead, the Blues signed ­Atletico Madrid’s Martin Demichelis, 32, for £3.5m – only for the Argentina international to suffer a serious knee ligament injury in a training session three days after arriving at the club.

That is expected to rule him out for six weeks, leaving the Chilean boss with a headache as skipper and centre-back Vincent Kompany is also out with a groin injury – sustained in the first game of the season at home to Newcastle.

Mangala has a £40m buy-out clause in his contract and City are prepared to offer an initial £30m with the rest to follow in add-ons.

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is waiting for the new transfer window in January to make a deal for MangalaManchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini is waiting for the new transfer window in January to make a deal for Mangala
City’s plan, though, could also be threatened by Barcelona as well as Chelsea and United. The Spanish champions have been eyeing Mangala as an alternative to their initial target David Luiz, after failing to land Chelsea’s Brazil defender.

United, meanwhile, are to review the club’s scouting operation after a number of failings during the transfer window.

That overhaul is likely to lead to the appointment of Robbie Cooke – who was United boss David Moyes’ chief scout while the Scot was in charge at Everton.

Cooke has left Goodison and has been expected to join United ever since Roberto Martinez took over from Moyes and brought in Kevin Reeves, an ex-Man City player, who was in charge of the Spaniard’s scouting set-up at Wigan.

Re: Mangala On His Way To City?

Proelia said:
Use the search function ffs

perhaps the mods could oblige this engagingly polite individual with a merge or two (or three)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=278910&p=6533383&hilit=mangala#p6533383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=278910&p=6533383&hilit=mangala#p6533383</a>

Re: Mangala On His Way To City?

If this is so it would make more sense for next season as he would be unable to play for us in Europe, if we were still in that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.