Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
weeboogie said:
Everyone raves about Mangala and with the clubs linked to him (Barca, Chelsea, MU, etc ) I assume there must be some substance to the hype.

My worry is that to date (barring his caps) he's played in Belgium and now Portugal. Highly rated portugues based players with no other big league experience always scare me. That league has a few good teams and then the standard falls off a cliff. Hard to judge someone playing for Porto/Benfica on their league form alone.

Was Lescott just rested @ Stoke or is he so out of favour that Garcia (another portuguese league star) of all people gets a CB spot ahead of him? That worries me. I'd even play Rodwell before Garcia at CB. Or Boyata.

Surely Garcia can only be considered for the holding/anchor job now we've no Barry. If not then who is going to be the anchor man? Is this Fernandinho's ideal role? I hope so, because it's between him and Garcia imo.

Rodwell doesn't seem right for that job and Yaya is wasted there. He's better centrally with license to go forward. Whole team improves when Yaya enjoys bossing midfield.

Apparently,Garcia was chosen ahead of Lescott due to the fact Joleon had a slight hammy strain and the fact he is a left pegger.

Fernandinho is not suited to the anchor role,IMO he is suited to the same space Yaya is,hence why the two don't seem to be clicking.

Milner7 said:
weeboogie said:
Everyone raves about Mangala and with the clubs linked to him (Barca, Chelsea, MU, etc ) I assume there must be some substance to the hype.

My worry is that to date (barring his caps) he's played in Belgium and now Portugal. Highly rated portugues based players with no other big league experience always scare me. That league has a few good teams and then the standard falls off a cliff. Hard to judge someone playing for Porto/Benfica on their league form alone.

Ronaldo
Hulk
Moutinho
Rodriguez
Coentrao
Ramires
David luiz

Were probably all based mainly on league form.

Ronaldo (and Luiz in MF) aside, i'm still not convinced.

Figure being mentioned for Mangala is well over 30mil, maybe as much as 40m. Yet Marquinhos left Roma for 32m. I know which i'd have felt better gambling on for that money.

Would rather we had kept Kolo Toure too.

FantasyIreland said:
weeboogie said:

Was Lescott just rested @ Stoke or is he so out of favour that Garcia (another portuguese league star) of all people gets a CB spot ahead of him? That worries me. I'd even play Rodwell before Garcia at CB. Or Boyata.

Surely Garcia can only be considered for the holding/anchor job now we've no Barry. If not then who is going to be the anchor man? Is this Fernandinho's ideal role? I hope so, because it's between him and Garcia imo.

Rodwell doesn't seem right for that job and Yaya is wasted there. He's better centrally with license to go forward. Whole team improves when Yaya enjoys bossing midfield.

Apparently,Garcia was chosen ahead of Lescott due to the fact Joleon had a slight hammy strain and the fact he is a left pegger.

Fernandinho is not suited to the anchor role,IMO he is suited to the same space Yaya is,hence why the two don't seem to be clicking.

Thanks mate. Had hoped never to see Garcia starting at center half after watching Southampton away last year. I still think he is a decent anchor man, but I do reckon we'll see Fernandinho playing there and Yaya ahead of him. Then we'll be immense again :)

Oh, and shortly after I posted that, I found someone advocating the same for Yaya.. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/09/manchester-city-freeee-yaya-toure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2013/09 ... aya-toure/</a>? :)

birchwoodgingerste said:
bluemooninho said:
Eliaquim Mangala

Now theres a superhero I would like to see!

After the villa game we need another rock next to kompany nasty needs more time sign him up.

Ye let's replace a youngster with another youngster who'd cost us 30m+ great idea. Nastasic has 1 bad game and people want him replaced.

citytill1die84 said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
bluemooninho said:
Eliaquim Mangala

After the villa game we need another rock next to kompany nasty needs more time sign him up.

Ye let's replace a youngster with another youngster who'd cost us 30m+ great idea. Nastasic has 1 bad game and people want him replaced.

We do need another solid centre-back who can play comfortably against the best teams in the Champions League (and in the Premier League when required). Lescott isn't as good as Vinny and never will be, Nastasic isn't there yet and is prone to mistakes occassionly, and DEMichelis is just a stop gap. Whether Mangala is good enough, (ie better than what we have is debateable) but we need our own Varane, or Marquinhos, and even these players will make mistakes in a few games while they are still learning (see Weiss's goal the other week for proof).

One thing for sure is we either have to scout better to get a player like Varane for under 10 million, or we pay the price for the best available, such as the Marquinhos price. Otherwise we will keep conceding soft goals on occasion, when it is imperative that we keep clean sheets, as in the past 2-3 seasons under Mancini. (And that's not being pro-Mancini, because I prefer the attacking football Pellegrini is playing, it's just the whole defence and keeper don't fill me with confidence at the moment.)

citytill1die84 said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
bluemooninho said:
Eliaquim Mangala

It amazes me the grief given to a youngster who as 1 bad game.

Like I said about Joe Hart when he was going through a rocky patch it's time like these that players need our support.

Amazing player strong as an OX

Not as strong as Akinfenwa

Or Negredo

Or Phil Jones. DEFO not PHIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.