Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get slated here... I actually think if he played under a defensive coach like Conte or Mourinho where he'd be protected, he'd develop into a top player.

That said he's never going to fit into our expansive brand of football and I wish him the best, the lad tried.

There's definitely a top player in there, but not the right fit for us. Interested to see how Lyon spend the Tolisso and Lacazette money.

It's not a bad move and Mangala will be under less pressure (especially with the fee).

I'll get slated here... I actually think if he played under a defensive coach like Conte or Mourinho where he'd be protected, he'd develop into a top player.

That said he's never going to fit into our expansive brand of football and I wish him the best, the lad tried.
Good point hes no worse than Cahill and Conte has made him and Luiz look like world beaters which they deffo aint

Its a fair point tbh. I think Fernando could look useful as well in compact system, but never in City's system so they have to go.

£18m? Txiki deserves a blue moon knighthood if he pulls that off!!

Surely it was Txiki that signed him in the first place. I don't think a £24m loss deserves a knighthood! (Although I do think that £18m in the circumstances is reasonable)

Don't agree with the consensus that £18 million is good business. It's fairly poor i think. Putting aside what we paid for him, in today's market that's nothing. Harry Maguire jas just gone to Leicester from Hull for £17 million.

I still believe he's a very very good defender and fully expect Lyon to sell him on for probably double that if not more within a few years tops

The entire transfer, from buying to selling the player, has been wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.