ELO

on a side note, is Jeff Lynne the nicest bloke in the world ?
from memory he is very quiet, he used to come in our village pub 3 or 4 nights a week, he came in early and drank bass and smoked a pipe. always sat in the same seat, my sister was behind the bar I used to say hello to him after a while and engaged in light conversation, he seemed like he just wanted to be left alone, my sister said he was a nice bloke as she used to natter with him, think that was 77.

from memory he is very quiet, he used to come in our village pub 3 or 4 nights a week, he came in early and drank bass and smoked a pipe. always sat in the same seat, my sister was behind the bar I used to say hello to him after a while and engaged in light conversation, he seemed like he just wanted to be left alone, my sister said he was a nice bloke as she used to natter with him, think that was 77.

Just comes across as a really lovely guy in every interview I’ve seen him - Propar down to earth.

on a side note, is Jeff Lynne the nicest bloke in the world ?
Bit of a narcissist I believe
When ELO were just getting recognition both him and Roy Wood wanted to be last on stage to receive the biggest cheer. Jeff Lynne won and Roy Wood left the band to set up Wizzard

I went to see Jeff Lynne’s ELO at the Liverpool arena a couple of years ago and towards the end of the gig a band member introduced everyone on stage for their own round of applause
I thought this was a bit strange as surely it should have been Jeff Lynne introducing everyone, then I remembered the narcissist story.
Yes, Jeff Lynne was introduced last with a “ all this wouldn’t have been possible without this great man” so he received the largest cheer which he would have got anyway

Pretty sure they’ll do a northern gig to go with Hyde Park.

Last chance to see them. Saw them five or so years back on my own! Mrs OFC not really a fan.

My great nephew, who’s ten, loves them. I sold my late mum’s house to his mum, my niece. Two generations of fans in the same house!

Got some pretty rare discs of theirs. Must dig them out.

Bit of a narcissist I believe
When ELO were just getting recognition both him and Roy Wood wanted to be last on stage to receive the biggest cheer. Jeff Lynne won and Roy Wood left the band to set up Wizzard

I went to see Jeff Lynne’s ELO at the Liverpool arena a couple of years ago and towards the end of the gig a band member introduced everyone on stage for their own round of applause
I thought this was a bit strange as surely it should have been Jeff Lynne introducing everyone, then I remembered the narcissist story.
Yes, Jeff Lynne was introduced last with a “ all this wouldn’t have been possible without this great man” so he received the largest cheer which he would have got anyway

That’s a shame.
Ok , I’ll give Paul McCartney that accolade instead (can no one ruin it that for me)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.