ELO

Great band. I sort of stopped listening to them when they released Secret Messages although someone did buy me Balance of Power but that was hit and miss I thought. I never liked that they’d dropped the script ELO logo from the album covers but that was probably indicative of how unfashionable they were at the time. Still played the older albums a lot though, Face the Music, On The Third Day and Eldorado the best for me.

Only discovered Zoom a few years ago when I got Spotify and that’s got some good tracks on it.

I hope they do come to the North too.

Lol, sorry for me it's just twee shite:-).
I'll see you on the morrow at first light, you get to choose weaponry

40+ years a fan and must admit MBS fair many years was my fave, but then over the last few years my fave track has changed to Wild West Hero. Was very lucky to score tickets at the AO a few years ago, 6 rows from the front. What a gig.

I'm so glad I got the chance to see them live. If you get the chance to see them, take it.

I'll see you on the morrow at first light, you get to choose weaponry

40+ years a fan and must admit MBS fair many years was my fave, but then over the last few years my fave track has changed to Wild West Hero. Was very lucky to score tickets at the AO a few years ago, 6 rows from the front. What a gig.

I'm so glad I got the chance to see them live. If you get the chance to see them, take it.

I saw them back in the day and did enjoy them. Doubt I will get to see them again as I don't do arena gigs anymore really.

Bit of a narcissist I believe
When ELO were just getting recognition both him and Roy Wood wanted to be last on stage to receive the biggest cheer. Jeff Lynne won and Roy Wood left the band to set up Wizzard

I went to see Jeff Lynne’s ELO at the Liverpool arena a couple of years ago and towards the end of the gig a band member introduced everyone on stage for their own round of applause
I thought this was a bit strange as surely it should have been Jeff Lynne introducing everyone, then I remembered the narcissist story.
Yes, Jeff Lynne was introduced last with a “ all this wouldn’t have been possible without this great man” so he received the largest cheer which he would have got anyway
I was at that concert and they were excellent we stayed at the titanic hotel and they were in the bar got a photo with them , not Jeff though he was in his room

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.