Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Is he trying to destroy his brand or something?

I personally think he's just totally fallen off the face of reality. He had his lofty goals for a Mars colony and I admired that, the last 4/5 years he has nosedived into oblivion.

I had hoped he would get back on track with the Mars plans but so far its looking less likely by the minute.

My hope is he departs SpaceX and the like with the remit of the Mars colony so at least that can survive the train wreck he's turned into.

I personally think he's just totally fallen off the face of reality. He had his lofty goals for a Mars colony and I admired that, the last 4/5 years he has nosedived into oblivion.

I had hoped he would get back on track with the Mars plans but so far its looking less likely by the minute.

My hope is he departs SpaceX and the like with the remit of the Mars colony so at least that can survive the train wreck he's turned into.
Mars plan?

We are no where near at all near the technology level to establish a base on the moon, yet alone some sort of Mars base.

Musk is an arrogant, lucky, anti-social **** whose chief goal is to seek attention while accumulating wealth. His business acumen is uncanningly accurate - but he floats many wild, completely unrealistic ideas, the Mars colony thing just one of them.

Just to be clear - I've a life-long love of science. And one day, I believe that mankind will establish bases beyond earth and will eventually terraform and settle on other planets. That said, Musk's vision for Mars is ridiculously premature - perhaps reasonable in 50 years, likely longer.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.