Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

That masterdon was trending on twitter , some sort of btec version of twitter that people are joining. The trick to twitter is getting yourself banned and using it as view only like I do haha. BBC missing half the details it seems and I'm no Musk fan.
Mastodon.

Tesla was a stock attractive to both tech funds and eco funds. These are the two big growth areas of the last 10 years. That is possibly why the stock went from $2 to $25 a share in the 10 years up to Dec 2019. It did this without ever making a profit - a solid performance.

Then it starts getting attention of online / social media commentators who loved banging on about how much money they are making - mostly with crypto. These people are professional hypers who are basically running a pump and dump game. These types and Musk's bizarre behaviour and Tesla making some modest profit were a potent mix. The stock went from $25 in dec 2019 to over $400 within a year.

Lots of tech companies get overvalued but Tesla was massively overvalued. Its starting to correct now as the tech/crypto bubble has burst. The stock is $207 today - I think sub $100 could be possible within the next 12 months.
Could see it going back to $25 per share which would still make it a $80bn company, which would be more commensurate with its future revenues and earnings in a much more crowded and competitive EV marketplace than the one it enjoyed for the last few years. Comparisons with other tech stocks that have been making steady profits for years are just daft.

Could see it going back to $25 per share which would still make it a $80bn company, which would be more commensurate with its future revenues and earnings in a much more crowded and competitive EV marketplace than the one it enjoyed for the last few years. Comparisons with other tech stocks that have been making steady profits for years are just daft.
I think inbetween may have some Tesla stock. That’s the only explanation I can think of for his truly remarkably terrible take on stocks.

I think inbetween may have some Tesla stock. That’s the only explanation I can think of for his truly remarkably terrible take on stocks.
Out of interest would you touch TSLA with a barge pole, and if you had to make a prediction/guess what do reckon the price would be in a year?

Out of interest would you touch TSLA with a barge pole, and if you had to make a prediction/guess what do reckon the price would be in a year?
Remembering that I’m not a stock picker, common wisdom would suggest that Tesla is 4 times it’s true value still but it’s more than just a company, it’s a lifestyle thing for many so it doesn’t play by the same rules.

Which is why I wouldn’t touch it, because I can’t explain it and don’t understand it, as such, it’s not an investment, it’s a punt.

Remembering that I’m not a stock picker, common wisdom would suggest that Tesla is 4 times it’s true value still but it’s more than just a company, it’s a lifestyle thing for many so it doesn’t play by the same rules.

Which is why I wouldn’t touch it, because I can’t explain it and don’t understand it, as such, it’s not an investment, it’s a punt.
Can’t disagree with that. When you add the fact that Musk seems to be doing his best to irreparably damage the brand's image I can't see it being a lifestyle thing for much longer. At least not amongst people who can afford to lay out £30-40k for a car or pay £400-£600 per month for one.

I actually haven't because I can't really afford any however with the £ strengthening vs the $ I can't say I'm not tempted. Ironically I do have a Tesla car on order though..

I don't think it's a terrible take because the same people said that of Tesla in 2020 and those who stuck by it and rode that wave are sat on 1000% gains, Musk is one of them and even more ironically that's after all partly how he's leveraged to buy Twitter. I still don't think he can go wrong at Twitter, he's been there a week and you can bet over time he'll accumulate some of the best people to help so it isn't going to just fail.

Either way I've never talked about investing in Tesla long term, there is no dividend so there's little point in doing so at this point. It's just a relatively decent punt vs the many punts available at the moment. At the end of the day the only way Tesla will fall and seriously fall is if big tech goes down with it and that would be pretty catastrophic.

Analyst Recommendations
The current consensus among 41 polled investment analysts is to buy stock in Tesla Inc. This rating has held steady since October, when it was unchanged from a buy rating.

file.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.