Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Was shutdown by them citing terrorism risk for money laundering, only moved 24k over a period of 12 months. Made me jump through hoops to get it out. Never again.
There's so much shite online from people giving financial advice with a tiny "I'm not a financial advisor' disclaimer. Apparently it pays more in ads than any other topic on Youtube. I remember watching one saying that if you invest in the S&P 500, the only way you can lose all of your money is if there's some sort of catastrophic economic disaster that destroys the biggest 500 companies in the US and that in that situation, losing your money will be the least of your worries anyway. I remember watching that and thinking, I must have just imagined all of those people who lost money in Icelandic banks then. The reality is that if the financial institution goes tits up, then it doesn't matter how well the stock market is doing.

I had some money invested in the Cayman Islands (don't ask, suffice to say it was my only pension saving option when working in Morocco, because no-one will deal with Morocco's shit banking system). The company went to the wall and three years later, it's still going through administration. Interestingly, the company didn't cease to exist, it just closed its Cayman Island operations (funny how they're able to do that without compensating everyone from the wider company, isn't it?). I found out later than the CEO had previously been done in the US for financial crimes. And this is the problem when you're outside the UK. You get a 'financial advisor' but they're in no way regulated, so you end up basically having to just trust someone based on recommendations from other people (who in reality are in no position to give an opinion). Getting advice from people on social media is even worse. It was quite funny watching a video looking back and financial 'gurus' recommendations from 2 years ago and finding out how much money you would have lost if you'd followed their advice. But the number of adverts you see advising people to invest everything they own into some app that isn't even vaguely regulated in their country is pretty worrying.

Being a bear of little brain I had to Google the dunning Kruger effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias[2] whereby people with low ability, expertise, or experience regarding a type of task or area of knowledge tend to overestimate their ability or knowledge.

A slightly round the houses way of just saying someone is espousing (talking shite) about a subject that they don't know much about. I'm assuming this Olbermann chap thinks his background as a sports / political commentator means his opinions on covid vaccines should carry more weight than musk's? - it seems Dunning Kruger is indeed in full effect.
Another brief Google reveals Olbermann was caught up in musk's Stalinist purge of journalists on twitter, so probably safe to assume he has something of an axe to grind
I suggest anyone worried about covid vaccines / myocarditis ignores them both and asks a medical professional for advice.
I know DK has been a common insult in the last 3 years in particular but it can apply both ways sometimes, and other times may be more valid.

When you get an NPD using it, then it is a bit amusing.

I think you can trademark it for use in a certain industry or context. So I'd imagine Apple have trademarked 'i' being put before technology products like iPhone and iMac.
That one seems fair enough as the small 'i' followed by a capital letter doesn't crop up in our actual language - it's more of a symbol/graphic really. It does seem farcical that someone can copyright one of the 26 letters of our alphabet in isolation though.

That one seems fair enough as the small 'i' followed by a capital letter doesn't crop up in our actual language - it's more of a symbol/graphic really. It does seem farcical that someone can copyright one of the 26 letters of our alphabet in isolation though.
I don't think you can. I remember there was this controversy a while back about Gareth Bale trying to trademark his goal celebration. It was in all the papers. What it turned out was that he was trying to trademark this shit logo of it...

Gareth-Bales-trademark-application.jpg

So I imagine Microsoft's X trademark is similar to the Apple i one. I'd guess it's so they can create branding around the Xbox if they wanted.

Dunno how Musk will be able to trademark just X though. They'll be able to register the logo, but I reckon that's about it. That's why I'm suspicious about the whole thing.

Being a bear of little brain I had to Google the dunning Kruger effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias[2] whereby people with low ability, expertise, or experience regarding a type of task or area of knowledge tend to overestimate their ability or knowledge.

A slightly round the houses way of just saying someone is espousing (talking shite) about a subject that they don't know much about. I'm assuming this Olbermann chap thinks his background as a sports / political commentator means his opinions on covid vaccines should carry more weight than musk's? - it seems Dunning Kruger is indeed in full effect.
Another brief Google reveals Olbermann was caught up in musk's Stalinist purge of journalists on twitter, so probably safe to assume he has something of an axe to grind
I suggest anyone worried about covid vaccines / myocarditis ignores them both and asks a medical professional for advice.
DK well-demonstrated as despite knowing nothing about Olbermann you decided to speculate about him anyhow and comment on his vax knowledge and his motives. Why don’t you tell us all you know about the incident that precipitated this exchange, as I assume you’re a big SC Trojans basketball and LeBron fan too?

DK well-demonstrated as despite knowing nothing about Olbermann you decided to speculate about him anyhow and comment on his vax knowledge and his motives. Why don’t you tell us all you know about the incident that precipitated this exchange, as I assume you’re a big SC Trojans basketball and LeBron fan too?
I think you're missing the point that no-one except you cares really. If you want to post daft twitter stuff and just have everyone agree with your opinion you'd probably be happier just emailing it to yourself.
Again for clarity, my own opinion is that if anyone has concerns about the covid vaccine or myocarditis they should probably ignore Musk, Olbermann, you, me and anyone else who is not a medical professional. Hopefully that doesn't take any of us down the DK rabbit hole.

The more people who use it the more income comes in, whether or not losses are made, the losses will be less.

The best thing to do is ignore him if you want him to go away, like Howard Stern, the people who hated him listened as much as his fans.

I reckon he winds people up to get retweets and retweeted replies. Having right moderate right wingers who oppose him being his best disciples playing them like a fiddle. He deserves a lot of criticism but don't use twitter to do it.
Not a financial genius are you.

Yep, a click is a click.
I legitimately miss conversations with some of the good accounts on Twitter but I deleted for the right reasons for me.

If Musk replaces lost users with new accounts then that’s no issue for him if it doesn’t affect income.

Part of Twitter charm was the circus environment. It was anything goes on some occasions. The night “Bessie” was exposed was particularly entertaining.

For the uninitiated, she was a catfish posing as a super hot Blue who started taking money off gullible idiots.

I legitimately miss conversations with some of the good accounts on Twitter but I deleted for the right reasons for me.

If Musk replaces lost users with new accounts then that’s no issue for him if it doesn’t affect income.

Part of Twitter charm was the circus environment. It was anything goes on some occasions. The night “Bessie” was exposed was particularly entertaining.

For the uninitiated, she was a catfish posing as a super hot Blue who started taking money off gullible idiots.
I reckon that could work on here late on a Saturday night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.