Email from our CEO

Im just being angsty, im peeved off with whats happened and feel the club are being let of to easily by our fans.
If we hadn't been involved and another club say the Rags had waited so long without any interaction we'd be calling em out something rotten. I don't think its snow-flakey to hold our club to the same standards.
I certainly don’t mean that you or all city fans who were outraged by this are snowflakes although there are perhaps a few on here. It’s more that the general trend in society for organisations to indulge the hysterical, vocal minority peevs me.
We can agree to disagree about that but we all want the same thing tonight.

I don't really know at the moment, I think I need to take a break over this issue, it's really gotten to me
I was reading today about how Sunderland, with wealthy owners, abused/played (depending on viewpoint) the system back in 1895 using Scotch Professors. Every club has been doing what they think is best to get above the others since the game first started. This really is nothing different.

I hope that the government will impose 50+1 in the Premier League even if this means that the club will lose economic muscle
RB Leipzig have made a mockery of the 50+1 rule while the same rule has fucked Schalke and Hamburg. If a rule comes in it needs to be ironclad and actually designed to stop a future breakaway.

btw (unpopular opinion) this is fundamentally no different from United, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool forming the PL without permission from the Football League, in order to get a disproportionate (or more proportional depending who you ask) share of the TV revenue which skyrocketed (no pun intended).

I was expecting Khaldoon to deliver the apology to me in person.

Disappointed.
He's just been round to my gaff. Told him F.U, I was at York away you dont get away with it that lightly. I was in love with one of the girls from my school who worked in the coffee shop on the Kippax in 1974 and I have never forgot her, someone has to take the blame for me missing the love of my life, where are you Carole.

It is a vast improvement on the curt email previously on the website. All the messages from the clubs are hollow,because they all reference the fans importance, but there was no evidence of this when these owners decided a seismic change in the clubs future.

Still not sure what else could have been written and its an olive branch to appease fans and build bridges, which is hugely welcome.

Soriano made no attempt to mitigate it by mentioning that we were last in & first out. Didn't try to claim we had doubts all along, etc.

Kept it all quite business-like, I thought.

Whether that's a good thing or not, I'm not sure.

I haven't checked my emails yet, but the sheikh popped round earlier.
I was in the bath at the time, so we chatted through the door.
He seems very sorry, he said his blood runs blue, said he's gonna rebuild the Kippax, blamed "that prick wood-wood" and, strangely, he accepted one of my wife's inky brews.. which was surprising as, even after all that's gone on, he deserves better than that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.