Email from our CEO

For me, the central 2 words in his mail were "success" and "growth".

Like global economical growth, which has led to various serious problems on our 1 and only planet, growth in the football industry obviously has negative consequences as well. Poor and rich, 1-club-leagues, huge gaps of competitiveness, opera customers instead of working class fans, atmo in the grounds and so on.

Especially on THIS day we should also add the topic "carbon footprint of football" looking some years ahead. It will come.

We have to decide what we want (realize, it's about selfishness!...).
How much success do we need? How much growth would we accept, knowing not anybody can grow at the same amount in a limited system. What about fairness?

I'd like to know the growth target of our owners for the next 10 years, plain and simple, to decide if I can agree or not.

The whole fundament of football - and in reality much more than football - has to be discussed, and quickly, and transparently.

Not sure about that, without doubt his baby is the CFG and that is going well but I would like to see him moved sideways and get the CFG gig full time.

In my opinion the CEO of MCFC is a stand alone full time job, we need to be able to see and hear from someone when necessary, Ferran has talked to us twice? in his time with the club.

A CEO with direct links to the club would be a superb appointment.
Danny Wilson.

Not sure about that, without doubt his baby is the CFG and that is going well but I would like to see him moved sideways and get the CFG gig full time.

In my opinion the CEO of MCFC is a stand alone full time job, we need to be able to see and hear from someone when necessary, Ferran has talked to us twice? in his time with the club.

No need for another expense executive we have a full time COO

It just doesn’t seem plausible that there wasn’t an ongoing dialogue between him and the club the whole way along.
I agree, but we don't know how long that dialogue had gone on, it could be just a day, days, weeks, months, or even years.

This SL talk has been around a long time, and it was well known we had been involved in some of the talks, it was also pretty clear that Ceferin talked to the club at length before our FFP trial (presumably wanting us to take a more minor hit) pre CAS.

I've no doubt he's wanted us on his side all along, especially as one of the best teams, and having the best coach in europe, but maybe he just recontacted us after the Sunday announcement, to try and persuade us to drop out, or perhaps we had been keeping him in the loop privately about what was being discussed.

The thankful thing is we pulled the plug first, and if that was because he'd been in touch, good for him, and good for City, imho.

I agree, but we don't know how long that dialogue had gone on, it could be just a day, days, weeks, months, or even years.

This SL talk has been around a long time, and it was well known we had been involved in some of the talks, it was also pretty clear that Ceferin talked to the club at length before our FFP trial (presumably wanting us to take a more minor hit) pre CAS.

I've no doubt he's wanted us on his side all along, especially as one of the best teams, and having the best coach in europe, but maybe he just recontacted us after the Sunday announcement, to try and persuade us to drop out, or perhaps we had been keeping him in the loop privately about what was being discussed.

The thankful thing is we pulled the plug first, and if that was because he'd been in touch, good for him, and good for City, imho.
He definitely seems to have been making more friendly noises about City than anyone else at UEFA, even during the FFP debacle.

He’s positioned himself as the champion of the underdog, and maybe he’s taken sympathy with City’s struggles with the G14.

He’s come out and said 5 clubs contacted him on Friday who were joining, seems like a safe bet that City were one of them.

Perez said City were never really committed to it, and the NYT article said we were only even approached on Friday (which seems a bit far fetched).

But Ceferin’s glowing statement about us definitely smacks of us having a good relationship.

Give that man a cigar. If Soriano wants to run the rest of CFG, which is his baby, that's fine. But City is something like 85-90% of CFG and it needs an experienced management team that is empowered to make the decisions that affect City.

That's just not happening at the moment. Everything has to go upstairs for a decision and agreements we've thought we had with Danny Wilson are getting knocked back by Soriano or the new CFG COO. Even simple ones like how we'd structure a ballot for tickets for the proposed home games.

He’s come out and said 5 clubs contacted him on Friday who were joining, seems like a safe bet that City were one of them.

Perez said City were never really committed to it, and the NYT article said we were only even approached on Friday (which seems a bit far fetched).
The NYT article is wrong anyway as it was reported we were in talks a long time ago, I suspect we were invited only because it was obvious we had significant financial clout, even though none of them wanted is involved really, but with us "in" they could control us with whatever sanctions they devised.

It's been a weird episode all along, I was very surprised our name was attached, one of the reasons I didn't make much comment after it was announced, I feel we were put in a difficult position, and had to jump quickly before it was announced on Sunday evening.

It's clear that decision to announce late on Sunday, was driven by the fact the UEFA CL was inbound on Monday, it was either CL or SL, and I don't think we liked either, but the SL had given us a "last chance" to sign up, "rock and hard place" for me.

We've made the right decision quickly, after seeing the reaction, and as today's comments from Gundogan about the "new" CL show, the other plan isn't very good either. Lets hope that gets reviewed quickly too.

The NYT article is wrong anyway as it was reported we were in talks a long time ago, I suspect we were invited only because it was obvious we had significant financial clout, even though none of them wanted is involved really, but with us "in" they could control us with whatever sanctions they devised.

It's been a weird episode all along, I was very surprised our name was attached, one of the reasons I didn't make much comment after it was announced, I feel we were put in a difficult position, and had to jump quickly before it was announced on Sunday evening.

It's clear that decision to announce late on Sunday, was driven by the fact the UEFA CL was inbound on Monday, it was either CL or SL, and I don't think we liked either, but the SL had given us a "last chance" to sign up, "rock and hard place" for me.

We've made the right decision quickly, after seeing the reaction, and as today's comments from Gundogan about the "new" CL show, the other plan isn't very good either. Lets hope that gets reviewed quickly too.
Yeh I agree, seems we were in an impossible position really.

A SL would have destroyed football.

A SL going ahead without City would have destroyed City.

We had no other choice but to sign up, and seemingly played a key role in bringing it down, whether by accident or design.

I can’t help but agree with you.
The super league project has allegedly been in the making for 3 yrs.
The timing of it’s launch coinciding with the new CL format launch is 100% intentional with the objective of derailing the changes.
I wonder if the clubs pulling out of the SL will have negotiated with UEFA over the new format before doing so.
I think there’s more to me his than meets the eye.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.