Embarrassing?

BTH

Now I know Wigan aren't the greatest attraction in the world but even so, 43,534 hardy souls braved rotten weather for last night's game. Wigan proved difficult to break down, but we scored a rare win over them, kept a clean sheet and King Carlos took another step along the path towards legendary status. Trebles all round!

Not so fast; with 10 minutes to go the trickle for the exits started, turning into a flood as the clock ticked down and by the time the game finished the ground was half-empty! Now I know there have always been the 'beat the rush' merchants but I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like this. Not on this scale anyway?

Personally, I think it's embarrassing and as much as it sticks in my throat, even the rags aren't this bad and they all live in London FFS (unless they're losing, of course).

What do others think?

I think if your happy to stay stay if you want to go then go we all pay the same its up to us why feel embarassed by others leaving?

My son has commented on this a few times this Season.
But He's from the School of you NEVER leave early or BOO your team.

BTH said:
Now I know Wigan aren't the greatest attraction in the world but even so, 43,534 hardy souls braved rotten weather for last night's game. Wigan proved difficult to break down, but we scored a rare win over them, kept a clean sheet and King Carlos took another step along the path towards legendary status. Trebles all round!

Not so fast; with 10 minutes to go the trickle for the exits started, turning into a flood as the clock ticked down and by the time the game finished the ground was half-empty! Now I know there have always been the 'beat the rush' merchants but I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like this. Not on this scale anyway?

Personally, I think it's embarrassing and as much as it sticks in my throat, even the rags aren't this bad and they all live in London FFS (unless they're losing, of course).

What do others think?
One thing to say to that 'Play Off Final' you think people would learn.

Just part of the game now, happens at every football ground up and down the country.

I've never done it myself , I prefer to get my £'s worth.

I no longer get to go to games (job) but if I had a chance the groundsman would have to kick me when they turn off the lights. Some people don't know how lucky they are.

I was embarrassed against Everton when over half the crowd headed for the exits after they scored their second. Last night people still leave 10 minutes before the end. I just fail to see why? I swear if we won at Wembley the beat the rush crowd would be on the M1 before the cup was presented. I agree with OP 100%. People will say they pay their money and that's right. They do. Doesn't stop me thinking I wish they wouldn't bother though,

BTH said:

What do others think?

The coaches back down to London don't leave OT until half an hour after the match has finished. They have nowhere to go, so they stay in their seat.

I cannot understand why people leave early, you don't leave the cinema with 5 minutes to go or finish a book with 10 pages left.

However, each to their own i guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.