Embarrassing?

loffers said:
I drop 4 people off after the game in 4 different towns so I couldn't give a tinkers cuss if you dont like me leaving, where were you at Brentford away? I've done my time

I've done my time too; just prefer to do it in 90-minute sections rather than 80.

As for Brentford away? If you're directing that question to me, I've been there a few times in the Cup. Got to the turn-off from the M4 once to hear on Radio Five that the game had been called off, if that helps...

(Where were you at the pre-season game in Charleroi?)

bluemike said:
As another stay-till-the-ender, does anybody else hope City score again so they've missed it?

Yes - me. I LOVE it when we score after the early-leavers have gone :)

What annoys me most is when people start leaving early, something exciting happens, so they stop to watch - blocking my view! Grrrrrr!

Don't understand the need to go early (other than a night game, maybe) I have a 3.5 hour drive home, so I stroll back to the car then sit and eat and read the programme whilst waiting for the car park to clear. I factor it in to my timings. No way will I ever miss a second of my team playing by choice.

We went to an England game at Wembley a couple of years ago and our train timings were really tight. But we made a pact that though we would be ready to leave as soon as the whistle blew, we would NOT leave before that even if it meant missing our train and finding somewhere to stay overnight. Happily, we made our train with 2 minutes to spare :D

BTH said:
Now I know Wigan aren't the greatest attraction in the world but even so, 43,534 hardy souls braved rotten weather for last night's game. Wigan proved difficult to break down, but we scored a rare win over them, kept a clean sheet and King Carlos took another step along the path towards legendary status. Trebles all round!

Not so fast; with 10 minutes to go the trickle for the exits started, turning into a flood as the clock ticked down and by the time the game finished the ground was half-empty! Now I know there have always been the 'beat the rush' merchants but I'm pretty sure it wasn't always like this. Not on this scale anyway?

Personally, I think it's embarrassing and as much as it sticks in my throat, even the rags aren't this bad and they all live in London FFS (unless they're losing, of course).

What do others think?

I think that you pay your money and take your choice and don't need anyone calling them embarrasing. They are there at the start and until the result is assured.....so what if they want to pee off early..im sure they have their reasons and doesn't make them any less of a fan.......tell you the truth i am embarassed with you calling them !!!

bluemike said:
As another stay-till-the-ender, does anybody else hope City score again so they've missed it?

Yup. And I hope it's an absolute fucking screamer like Stevie's volley against Reading a while back.

That many people had buggered off early last night that Bradford Road was almost quiet by the time I'd walked down there.

It strikes me that some of the fervour has gone, and thats exactly what it looks like to me- and everyone else, I dare say- when you see empty seats all over the place at 90 minutes and before. I also think it affects the players in the closing minutes of the game.

No individual can take responsibility for the collective early leaver group, but each individual contributes to the problem as a whole.

Edited for clarity.

Tricky_Trev said:
PowderBlue said:
I rarely leave early, but caught a cold last season at Blackburn and missed both of our goals, and havent done at all this term. But last night, the game was won, Carlos had his hatrick, and plenty of dads n lads needed work/school next day so who can blame em. The OP for one i guess
Are you really suggesting that the reason people leave 5-10 minutes early is just because they have work/school the next day? It's 5 minutes, ffs. It's not going to disrupt your sleeping patterns.

Yes indeed i am. The bloke who sits next to me lives in Derbyshire, and often for night games he gets his family off early. Its not the 5 mins, its beating the queues, getting out of the car park etc.

OJ Blue said:
Never understood why staying until the very end makes you some kind of superfan, I leave early and always have done, missed loads of goals because of it, but hey it's my choice.

If I leave a few minutes early it can save me 45 minutes to an hour waiting in the car park.

It doesn't... as Chris Rock might be moved to say: "You're supposed to, you dumb motherf**ker! What kind of ignorant s**t is that?!"

It makes me laugh that people complain about taking an hour to get out of the car park. Assuming full mobility or [in Blue Spice's case lone female] why not walk 10 minutes and park elsewhere? Lot's of other car parks apart from the club one which people know will be closed until the crowds clear.

As I have said in another thread... Who pays for my ticket? Me, so if I should go early then it's my pocket that feels it not anyone elses. But I will add, if the team showed passion on the pitch then maybe people would stay until the end, and I dont mean once in a bluemoon but every game. We had to wait until they had a man sent off before we made the score look flattering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.