Emergency keeper loan / Hart / Brum [All merged]

There is a Light

Sorry for another thread on this, I didn't know which one to post it in..

They also reckon that there's a slim chance Taylor will be fit again..

Manchester City forced to play finders keepers after Shay Given is ruled out for the season
By IAN LADYMAN

Manchester City were last night in talks with the Premier League about bringing in a goalkeeper on emergency loan after Shay Given’s season was ended by a dislocated shoulder near the end of the goalless draw at Arsenal.
Given will find out today if he needs an operation, in which case the Republic of Ireland star would face four months out.
In his absence, City must hope Stuart Taylor proves his fitness quickly this week as he returns to training for the first time since a knee clean-up operation.

Otherwise, City will need to persuade the Premier League to let them sign a keeper outside the transfer window.

Manager Roberto Mancini does not want to rely on Faroe Islands international Gunnar Nielsen, who replaced Given against Arsenal, as his side face games against Aston Villa, Tottenham and West Ham that will determine whether they finish in the top four.

Re: Daily Mail reckon talking to the FA about an emergency loan

I'd rather stick with Gunnar. The lad hasn't let a goal in during his entire City career. He's a legend. And he looks like a viking, which can only be a good thing.

Tricky_Trev said:
I'd rather stick with Gunnar. The lad hasn't let a goal in during his entire City career. He's a legend. And he looks like a viking, which can only be a good thing.

PMSL

In Gunnar we trust!

Forward with Tubes!
Tubes-Sky-Player.jpg

Stuart Taylor hardly fills me with confidence to be honest , and this Faroes lad shouldn't be put in this situation ...... we need to bring someone in who is competent , these next three games are too important not to.

veu061.jpg

Even though Gunnar is officially lower in our pecking order, i'd actually feel safer with him in net than Taylor. I don't want Taylor to recover from injury. He scares me. Forward with Gunnar!

There is a light said:
He would be the ultimate cult hero if he kept three clean sheets.

My nerves are going to be bad enough though

This is what being a blue is all about though :-) I agree with the other poster, Taylor doesn't inspire me with confidence either. I'd rather have Gunnar in above him. Having no reputation may help the situation. I'd rather back someone we have, than risk an outsider coming in (which is not a possibility it seems reading some other members interpretation of the rules).

We didn't do that bad under Kasper for that short time did we.

Gunnar's more than capable of doing the business between the sticks.

But it's true isn't it. We're 6th in the table, we need to win every game, including a crunch game against Spurs. We lose our keeper, who is the best in the league, cometh the hour, cometh the Faroese. It's typical City, and we'll do it with Gunnar in goal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.