Emergency keeper loan / Hart / Brum [All merged]

coleridge said:
Pigeonho said:
Basically he just said a deal is most definitely on, all down to money now. Going off a few of his posts it appears he defo has contacts. What will be, will be however the longer it goes on the more i'd say hart isn't coming as surely we'd want him here asap to train.

It's only an hour and a half from New Street, volcanic ash permitting!

Seriously, though, it is at least deflecting attention from the upcoming pressure games. Let the press focus on the 'keeper crisis' all week whilst our enormously talented [if a little grumpy] strike force warms up for the weekend.

I'm sure the grumpy buggers will be well up for it... They are professionals and will prove it....

There is a light said:
Birmingham have confirmed an approach has been made. If it gets the OK it will have to be ratified by FIFA.

From the Birmingham Post:

Manchester City ask Birmingham to end Joe Hart's loan spell early
Apr 27 2010 By Colin Tattum

Birmingham City have confirmed that Manchester City have made a formal approach to take Joe Hart back from his loan.

Hart is wanted because of injury to Shay Given and the Premier League have told Manchester, who have cited ‘exceptional circumstances’, that they would consider their request to use him.

For Hart to exit St Andrew’s it would need the agreement of both clubs and the player, and then the Premier League to give the go-ahead. FIFA would have to rubber-stamp the move, too.

A Blues spokesman said: “We have received a formal approach from Manchester City about Joe Hart going back.

“It is being discussed by all relevant parties.”

Manager Alex McLeish has said that he does want to lose Hart for Blues remaining two matches, even though they have nothing left to play for this season.

And Hart has put the matter in the hands of others, saying he expected to see the season out at Blues.

But this development - and the Premier League’s apparent willingness to relax their rules on season-long loans - could change matters.

And if Hart does go back, it is bound to cause discontent at Villa and Spurs, both of whom are competing with Man City for Champions League qualification and have to play the Eastlands club - Villa, indeed, on Saturday.

Should Blues decide to agree to Manchester’s request, they might hope that they would then be looked upon favourably if they try to sign Hart or take him again on loan next season, which has been their stated intention.

However, as Given could be out for up to six months, and Manchester had given Blues no indication either way before the Irish international dislocated his shoulder at Arsenal, it seems increasingly likely that Hart will remain in the North West anyway.

Blues do have to weigh up what impact losing Hart would have on their league position, with £700,000 in prize money per place at stake.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has Gunnar Nielsen, a Faroe Islands international, as first choice at present, with Stuart Taylor on the mend after a knee injury.

Peter Pannu, Blues vice-chairman executive and finance, admitted he would consider Manchester's approach 'favourably'.
Sounds promising. At least they've not rejected it out of hand.

I am being very slow this week ['stupid thinking...'].

Of course Blues want us to have Hart in goal on Saturday. Let's face it, we'd love to do it to that lot in Stretford, wouldn't we?

levets said:
coleridge said:
It's only an hour and a half from New Street, volcanic ash permitting!

Seriously, though, it is at least deflecting attention from the upcoming pressure games. Let the press focus on the 'keeper crisis' all week whilst our enormously talented [if a little grumpy] strike force warms up for the weekend.

I'm sure the grumpy buggers will be well up for it... They are professionals and will prove it....

I think they will too. I think there's a lot of commitment in our regulars.

Bojinov The Bull said:
I think Hart will come back! The discussion will go along the lines of...let us have him for the last 3 games and we'll let you have him on loan again next season!

City should not, and I don't think they will, agree to Hart going back on loan next season: he will be needed at City unless City sign a world class keeper to be their number 1.

OB1 said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
I think Hart will come back! The discussion will go along the lines of...let us have him for the last 3 games and we'll let you have him on loan again next season!

City should not, and I don't think they will, agree to Hart going back on loan next season: he will be needed at City unless City sign a world class keeper to be their number 1.

We wont need to sign one, we will get one free

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.