Emile Mpenza

I always go on about that goal at SJP which kept us in the league

At full time as the lads walked to the tunnel we were chanting Emile Mpenza and he turned round and bowed to the city fans. Was mint

Kun Aguero said:
kippaxchris said:
ForzaMancini said:
Good record for the Swiss side FC Sion after he left us - 21 goals in 31 games.

Quality player i remember a goal he scored at Newcastle that kept us in the Prem and at the end of that season Barton had the cheek to say that he had kept City in the Premier League that season even tho Mpenza hit i think 7 goals towards the end

Without Barton we would have got relegated.

Not to mention Dunne and Distin, of course.

Bloody hell he was good for us at the time and played a large part in keeping us up but he was hardly the Messi some people are making him out to be "bags of potential" in his late twenties?

Nice Mpenza anecdote here from Paul Sturrock!

CsbOS9EXgAAKWUV.jpg:large

Without Mpenza we would have got relegated my point was Barton saying that in the first place was out of order and untrue Mpenza scored the vital goals
Seeing as Barton finished that season as top scorer for the club, from midfield I'd say he had a point, although Dunnie and Mpenza played their part too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.