Emile Mpenza

Vassell was also a decent acquisition for us at the time. Cost-effective, hard-working, never moaned and (after forming a decent partnership with the traitorous Andrew Cole) was played criminally out of position when we were desperate on the left. That left-sided problem was never solved until the arrival of Martin Petrov.

johnny on the spot said:
Vassell was also a decent acquisition for us at the time. Cost-effective, hard-working, never moaned and (after forming a decent partnership with the traitorous Andrew Cole) was played criminally out of position when we were desperate on the left. That left-sided problem was never solved until the arrival of Martin Petrov.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HxKgeojKJM[/youtube]
I will never forget this goal by him

Josh Blue said:
Came to us too soon, could of been a star. Bags of talent.

He was already a huge player when he signed for us i remember seeing him play for Belgium in Major Tournaments with his brother! He was a star signing for us when we got him and he was about 28<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:49 pm --<br /><br />
nicholasjackson said:
isab23502 said:
Mpenza, Bianchi, Samaras, Vassell - Sven was spoiled for choice

bianchi was decent 6 yard man but it just didnt happen for him

Tbh Bianchi missed loads from close range he missed about 6 from close range in 1 match when Spurs put us out of the cup at home

Actually, he was on trial this summer at the newly promoted Belgian club Waasland-Beveren, which is only 5 miles from where I live :)
But due to his financial demands and a lack of condition they couldn't/didn't offer him a contract.
He mades the wrong choices after his spell at City, that's for sure.

HijO said:
Actually, he was on trial this summer at the newly promoted Belgian club Waasland-Beveren, which is only 5 miles from where I live :)
But due to his financial demands and a lack of condition they couldn't/didn't offer him a contract.

Didn't he go to Qatar for the money? Always a bad decision....

kippaxchris said:
HijO said:

No he came from Qatar to City. Then he went to Sion in Switzerland (decent decision, but very small league) and Nefti Bakou (purely for the money, wrong decision imo).

HijO said:
kippaxchris said:
HijO said:

No he came from Qatar to City. Then he went to Sion in Switzerland (decent decision, but very small league) and Nefti Bakou (purely for the money, wrong decision imo).

So he left Hamburg for money in Qatar then came to at the time a small team which is what City were then he went to Plymouth and Sion and then thought he wasn't on enough money and left for money again haha

Pigeonho said:
Josh Blue said:
Came to us too soon, could of been a star. Bags of talent.
I think you mean Caicedo?

Wasn't Mpenza a twin? I remember an Mbo Mpenza who was regarded as the better of the two.

Im sure Emile was the good one and Mbo was just the older one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.