Empty seats on telly suggestion

Prestwich_Blue said:
We don't make it easy for people to pass on tickets they can't or won't be using.

Certainly the problem in my case. I've had a ST since we moved to COMS (which isn't quite the 15 years I stated, but near enough) and am nearly 200 miles away.
I've been there through all the crap, even sat through psycho's last stand and don't think I've missed a game until last season, when personal stuff started happening big time.
I miss loads at the moment, and have no way to pass the seat on, only viagogo (or what ever they call themselves) which is a total waste of time.
You stick it on then a whole lot of nothing happens. I even stuck it on for the Chelsea game, at about £10 under the average, still didn't go.
I'd happily pass it on for nothing if I can't get there, but theres no way of doing it.
Hopefully this won't matter as I should be able to get to a lot more games shortly.

Top blues (like me for example) don't want to miss ANY games................

On a serious note I think that "empty seats syndrome" is just something you are going to have to accept.

You are also going to have to learn to ignore the dicks moaning about it.

It's totally unimportant.

it's no wonder tbf....have you seen the total prices of buying tickets Via Viagogo? plus you have to buy a membership card each before you start

the people who would buy them that way are probably the ones who have been priced out of ST's so they're not suddenly going to pay twice as much for one off games which are usually the least attractive games that ST holders can't be arsed about anyway

the trick is to constantly build the pool of support and the wider community of City supporters then you won't need to try so hard to replace those that just stop going entirely because of price

the most recent regulars will often be the most likely occasional match goers and probably many will become regulars again at some point.......they are probably a category that could be kept 'in' with a little creative thought rather than feeling pushed 'out'

Balti said:
it's no wonder tbf....have you seen the total prices of buying tickets Via Viagogo? plus you have to buy a membership card each before you start

the people who would buy them that way are probably the ones who have been priced out of ST's so they're not suddenly going to pay twice as much for one off games which are usually the least attractive games that ST holders can't be arsed about anyway

the trick is to constantly build the pool of support and the wider community of City supporters then you won't need to try so hard to replace those that just stop going entirely because of price

the most recent regulars will often be the most likely occasional match goers and probably many will become regulars again at some point.......they are probably a category that could be kept 'in' with a little creative thought rather than feeling pushed 'out'

People who use Vianogo could by and large use the ticket section of this forum. Not always of course.

Some Blues insist on massive profits on Vianogo buy maybe they are in the minority!

Every ground in the country has empty seats for every game. That's because if you support a club at the top of the table then, to have any chance of a decent seat with your family and friends, you have to have a season ticket. Also, if you want to attend away games and cup finals you have no chance without a season ticket. So season tickets are a necessity if you want to watch your team regularly. But then a high percentage of the games are at inconvenient times.

Many people have more in their life than just City. So it really isn't a surprise that there are always a percentage at every game who don't attend. I attend about 80% of the homes but sometimes work or family or my other hobbies clash. So I don't go. Sometimes I pass my ticket on, sometimes I don't bother. And I suggest I represent a high percentage of season ticket holders; not just at city but at all clubs. My mate next to me probably doesn't even make 50% of the games but he isn't going to give his seat up and that's his perogative.

Deal with it. That's modern football. Anyone who gives a damn about something so inconsequential has a priority problem in their lives. Season ticket holders don't have a 'duty' to attend games. Most of them have other things in their lives besides City.

Didsbury Dave said:
Every ground in the country has empty seats for every game. That's because if you support a club at the top of the table then, to have any chance of a decent seat with your family and friends, you have to have a season ticket. Also, if you want to attend away games and cup finals you have no chance without a season ticket. So season tickets are a necessity if you want to watch your team regularly. But then a high percentage of the games are at inconvenient times.

Many people have more in their life than just City. So it really isn't a surprise that there are always a percentage at every game who don't attend. I attend about 80% of the homes but sometimes work or family or my other hobbies clash. So I don't go. Sometimes I pass my ticket on, sometimes I don't bother. And I suggest I represent a high percentage of season ticket holders; not just at city but at all clubs. My mate next to me probably doesn't even make 50% of the games but he isn't going to give his seat up and that's his perogative.

Deal with it. That's modern football. Anyone who gives a damn about something so inconsequential has a priority problem in their lives. Season ticket holders don't have a 'duty' to attend games. Most of them have other things in their lives besides City.

I agree. If the seat has been paid for, why worry. Do those who criticize no-shows think the atmosphere will be improved? I wouldn't say it would be by much. Yes, passing on your ticket should be easier, but then it might be taken by a tourist and a whole new argument ensues.

City fans - years of things to moan about, it's a hard habit to break!

Didsbury Dave said:

Very well said DD.

[bigimg]http://media.giphy.com/media/126NMCvhKJfNN6/giphy.gif[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.