Empty seats on telly suggestion

patrickblue said:
LoveCity said:
So many no-shows in the Family Stand today that 1894's attempt at an upper tier display was a disaster and there was a glittering of the coloured paper on empty seats for the entire game.

Hopefully our 7,500 new season ticket holders next season value their STs more than some in our ground, such as the fella two seats from me who has only turned up for the derby and Liverpool game this season, leaving it empty for the rest (except cup games).

Probably me mate, but I aint new, on my 15th year. Sometimes real life and death get in the way.

Before I start to feel guilty, are you in Block 107 and in the 25-35 age bracket?

I'm fucking ringing Del Boy for some of these beauties.......

2ywwajt.jpg

Poorly bloke who sits about 4 or 5 seats down from me in 142 attends the game with his Mrs, I reckon they make probably 1 in 3 games

Dad and 2 kids that sit the row in front, so far they have made the Liverpool, United and Everton games this season, sometimes pass their tickets on but most of the time there are 3 empty seats

Do people just struggle to pass their ticket on if they can't make it? I think my seat has been empty once and that was Reading at home where I was literally too fucked to even contemplate getting out of bed

I do think its a bit frustrating the amount of empty seats in our ground, the fact that the club states its a sell out clearly means that people just aren't showing up

Rascal said:
Did a little article on this for the Daisy Cutter

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2014/12/the-rise-of-the-seat-spotters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2014/12 ... -spotters/</a>

Enjoy

Fantastic effort. I chortled.

Simple solution - don't give ticket points until a ticket has been swiped through the turnstiles.

People would make more of an effort to go.

If we're taking Crystal Palace as a case study, however, there are numerous reasons it was a lower attendance than normal: Earlier KO makes it harder for people who aren't local to attend the game/ casual attendee's would probably prefer to spend their money Christmas shopping rather than this reasonably unattractive fixture/ It was the morning KO after the biggest drinking night of the year - as someone who was out until 3:30 the night before it definitely has an affect on me wanting to go to the game the next day/ Prices are expensive so people pick and choose games, this one wasn't a stand out choice in a busy period/ there are colds and viruses at this time of year, so people with poorly children might not have been able to go or get rid of the spare ticket because of the upgrading policy we have/ No one has money at this time of year.

That's just a few, I could go on.

Just remember, from a City fans point of view, expanding the stadium is only a good thing, there is more room for more supporters to get tickets and if we don't fill it the club will most likely think about lowering the ticket prices.

chris85mcfc said:
Poorly bloke who sits about 4 or 5 seats down from me in 142 attends the game with his Mrs, I reckon they make probably 1 in 3 games

Dad and 2 kids that sit the row in front, so far they have made the Liverpool, United and Everton games this season, sometimes pass their tickets on but most of the time there are 3 empty seats

Do people just struggle to pass their ticket on if they can't make it? I think my seat has been empty once and that was Reading at home where I was literally too fucked to even contemplate getting out of bed

I do think its a bit frustrating the amount of empty seats in our ground, the fact that the club states its a sell out clearly means that people just aren't showing up
In my view, there are two main reasons why we have empty seats despite saying we've sold out.

1) We've got pricing wrong, so that it's often cheaper & easier to buy a season ticket and not use it for games you don't fancy rather than risk paying on a game by game basis.
2) We don't make it easy for people to pass on tickets they can't or won't be using.

In addition, I have a suspicion that there's a lot of tickets in the lower tier of the North Stand that are held back for various reasons (students, groups, complimentaries, etc) and that never get onto the open market.

Prestwich_Blue said:
chris85mcfc said:

In my view, there are two main reasons why we have empty seats despite saying we've sold out.

1) We've got pricing wrong, so that it's often cheaper & easier to buy a season ticket and not use it for games you don't fancy rather than risk paying on a game by game basis.
2) We don't make it easy for people to pass on tickets they can't or won't be using.

In addition, I have a suspicion that there's a lot of tickets in the lower tier of the North Stand that are held back for various reasons (students, groups, complimentaries, etc) and that never get onto the open market.

And not capable of monitoing attendance, e.g. don't turn up for 'x' amount of matches means you can't go to 'y' match. Ticket for 'y' match is then sold to someone who wants to go.

Prestwich_Blue said:
chris85mcfc said:

So you think we should increase season ticket prices?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.