Emyr Huws leaves City to Wigan

clock_cat.gif

blueincy said:
Think you've had to much home brew.
Judging from some of your posts tonight, maybe its you that had too much home brew ?

1. Hughes went to Wigan because he could get regular first team football, he didn't go to a PL club because he probably wouldn't, he also knew there was a fair chance under Uwe that he would be a PL player in a years time, with a years regular playing time behind him, which makes him a good judge, and says nothing about City's youth policy.

2, Lopes went to Lille because he wanted first team football, and City advised him to go there because their coach is good with young players.

3, The rest of our advanced (in age) youth are nowhere near the level of out first team, it has been known for some time that they wouldn't be, which is why some of the old academy coaches are no longer at the club, and we are pushing NOW to become the best in the FUTURE, and spending considerably doing so, and even then if 2 come through to the first team from each year group, it will nigh on a miracle, if we ever get a "class of 92" or a Barcelona situation we will have been very lucky AND very clever.

So what I have gathered from this thread because my views are different than most.
I am a Clueless, maniac, Paranoid Rag on Home brew, and that Emyr Huws wasn't a class player and it was good business selling him, also I'm the only one who sees that none of our youth players have been loaned out to a Premier League club.

Right I get it now, i'm off to get my Moonshine...

blueincy said:
Emyr Huws wasn't a class player and it was good business selling him, also I'm the only one who sees that none of our youth players have been loaned out to a Premier League club.
Good that you've finally worked it out. Emyr Hughes wasn't a "class player", he was decent player, so it was good business to get a decent fee, and it was good for Emyr because he ca now further his career, something he wouldn't have done at City, because he wasn't good enough for the level we are at. Luckily he (and his advisors) worked it out, and now he will further his career, he'll never reach the level City require, but he will have a great career. Good, most of us wish him all the best.

On our other "youth players", they haven't (generally) been loaned out to PL clubs, you know why ? None of them are wanted, and that is because they aren't good enough, Guidetti was, and couldn't get a game, because he wasn't good enough.

I'm confident that those in charge know what they're doing, and that's the reason why a number of the academy coaching set up have been replaced, because the current group of EDS, are in general not up to the job, even the loaned out players.

cleavers said:
blueincy said:
Emyr Huws wasn't a class player and it was good business selling him, also I'm the only one who sees that none of our youth players have been loaned out to a Premier League club.
Good that you've finally worked it out. Emyr Hughes wasn't a "class player", he was decent player, so it was good business to get a decent fee, and it was good for Emyr because he ca now further his career, something he wouldn't have done at City, because he wasn't good enough for the level we are at. Luckily he (and his advisors) worked it out, and now he will further his career, he'll never reach the level City require, but he will have a great career. Good, most of us wish him all the best.

On our other "youth players", they haven't (generally) been loaned out to PL clubs, you know why ? None of them are wanted, and that is because they aren't good enough, Guidetti was, and couldn't get a game, because he wasn't good enough.

I'm confident that those in charge know what they're doing, and that's the reason why a number of the academy coaching set up have been replaced, because the current group of EDS, are in general not up to the job, even the loaned out players.

case in point, how many of the rags recent "academy" players have got loans to PL clubs? most go to the championship.

It's good that we got a fee for him rather than just letting them go on a free like Kieran Trippier.

Wellbad was loaned to sunderland in his younger years wasn't he just like when cleverly loaned to wigan.

blueincy said:
It's good that we got a fee for him rather than just letting them go on a free like Kieran Trippier.

Wellbad was loaned to sunderland in his younger years wasn't he just like when cleverly loaned to wigan.

We received about 450k for Trippier,slightly less for Mee iirc.

Our next generation of youngsters will be heavily in demand,we are still very new to this party.

Huws was exceptional from a group largely considered average.He still wasn't good enough for the premiership at this stage of his development,the move to Wigan will hopefully allow for the right level of progress and may eventually alter that.

FantasyIreland said:
blueincy said:

We received about 450k for Trippier,slightly less for Mee iirc.

Our next generation of youngsters will be heavily in demand,we are still very new to this party.

Huws was exceptional from a group largely considered average.He still wasn't good enough for the premiership at this stage of his development,the move to Wigan will hopefully allow for the right level of progress and may eventually alter that.

Sorry being a bit flippent with the Trippier fee thing.
I just hope your right.

If they go to Premier League clubs, they run the risk of not getting games, thus wasting a season of their careers at crucial times, as with Guidetti last season. Had he gone to a Championship club, he may have played 20 games & been fully match fit by now, instead of rusty as fuck.

Most of the kids who have gone on loan recently to various leagues, are playing fairly regularly as far as I can see. It could be that if their reputation increases due to solid/reliable performances then they will be sought after by Prrem clubs next season, if City don't require them back at our place.

If Devante Cole keeps scoring goals, he will probably get offers, or may even be back with us in the first team squad for the 2nd half of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.