Emyr Huws

I had a deja vu moment with this goal:

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsEqRPHMupM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsEqRPHMupM</a>

Great prospect. With Richards/Lescott/Barry/Sinclair leaving next season, we are going to need new homegrown players into the squad and this kid looks like he could make the cut.

He could easily get into our wider squad when you consider how little Rodwell has played this season and the amount of times we end up cruising matches but its a case of would this be the best thing for his development? With us we can fine tune his development and train him with the first team, he could get more matches else where but like we've seen countless times he could also become a benchwarmer elsewhere.

Fact is that at some point were gonna have to trust a youth member to start a match against a premier league side and give them a chance even if its a risk. Huws being flanked by Yaya and fern doesn't sound like a bad line up against a fair amount of this league.

MC ID said:
He could easily get into our wider squad when you consider how little Rodwell has played this season and the amount of times we end up cruising matches but its a case of would this be the best thing for his development? With us we can fine tune his development and train him with the first team, he could get more matches else where but like we've seen countless times he could also become a benchwarmer elsewhere.

Fact is that at some point were gonna have to trust a youth member to start a match against a premier league side and give them a chance even if its a risk. Huws being flanked by Yaya and fern doesn't sound like a bad line up against a fair amount of this league.

I think he will take up Rodwell's place next season with Jack going out on loan.

We have to start giving youth a chance in my opinion and Huws is impressing at the perfect age, Vieira said he thinks he can be like Busquets and after wathing Emyr during spells of the Wales game the other month I can see where he is coming from.

Huws in the middle of Yaya and Fernandinho would be good.

his stats are as follows:

M: 12 Gls: 2, Ass: 2, TacklesPG: 2.5, InterceptionsPG: 2.3, FoulsPG: 1.3, ClearancesPG: 2.3, ShotsPG: 1.3, KeyPassPG: 0.7, Dribbles: 1, Fouled: 2.5(6th highest in Championship), Dispossessed: 0.9, Turnover the Ball: 1.3, Passes: 32.3, Pass%: 71.3, Long Balls per game: 5.8(nearly keeper territory, style of play issue?)

His pass % for normal passes is 79.2%, his overall stats included headers which you can argue aren't really passes, and including long balls it's 77.4%.

So whilst his passing stats are a bit low, he's playing for a relegation threatened team in the Championship and it appears they play a fair bit of hoof ball, and obviously the standard of the players around him is lower. Taking out headers puts him up as pretty much the top in possession stats for Birmingham's regulars.

So he does the dirty work and puts a shift in and also gets the shit kicked out of him, I think it's promising, it's the agility side of him I slightly worry about.

I agree he should take Rodwell's place in the squad, although with more games to play because if he will finish the next season in a manner Rodwell will this year, then it's pointless to stick with him instead of loaning him out again.

He should get games in the range of 20-25 as we usually play about 60 games in one full season.

Hungarian blue said:
I agree he should take Rodwell's place in the squad, although with more games to play because if he will finish the next season in a manner Rodwell will this year, then it's pointless to stick with him instead of loaning him out again.

He should get games in the range of 20-25 as we usually play about 60 games in one full season.

I think Huws will get game time with him coming on at the 70 min mark for a few months and then if he proves himself he will get regular starts, the same will apply to Lopes I reckon.

Just the way he moves onto the ball before taking that shot is so much more confident & less, well I suppose less 'cumbersome' would be the word, than when he was at City.

This move is clearly doing him good & the question is whether it is better for him to be doing that every week, rather than sat watching Yaya & Fernandinho, which is what will most likely happen if he comes straight back to City.

If this lad doesn't get his chance with us then I will be seriously pissed off. Next season will show is this holistic business is for real or if our promising youngsters yet again get wasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.