Emyr Huws

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
I don't think it'd be Huws vs. Kuhl because there is a 2+ year age difference so Kuhl would be more like of a successor to Huws in the EDS. It might be George Glendon who would have to worry more... same age (18) and also a central midfielder for the U21s. George Evans is only 19 too and also a CM, which one is Kuhl more like? Glendon?

You reckon Glendon has a future with us?

He does have some defence splitting passes in him but I have not seen enough of him to judge his entire game.

I don't watch them every week to make a proper judgment, but if we signed Kuhl for the 21s, someone would have to be released or benched.

Transfer Markt (not hugely reliable, but helpful enough) says his deal is still only to this summer. But we've signed contracts with players on the sly before, like Lopes.

FantasyIreland said:
Its looking very likely our boy is about to experience relegation.

Did he play against wigan tonight?

Yep, the full 90. From the live texts I've found it sounds like Wigan dominated the midfield areas and so Huws had his work cut out for him (made lots of tackles and inevitably fouls) and he was pretty much the only player for birmingham to have a decent effort on goal, all three of his shots being from outside the area.

Really it sounds like the overall quality of birmingham was poor today (and indeed for a while sadly) and so it's hard to figure out if he's being part of the problem or an exception. We've seen it with the 1st team where a couple of bad performances has a knock on effect and makes everyone look bad. I do think his loan has gone well mind, he'll be coming back a better player than when he left.

MC ID said:
FantasyIreland said:
Its looking very likely our boy is about to experience relegation.

Did he play against wigan tonight?

Yep, the full 90. From the live texts I've found it sounds like Wigan dominated the midfield areas and so Huws had his work cut out for him (made lots of tackles and inevitably fouls) and he was pretty much the only player for birmingham to have a decent effort on goal, all three of his shots being from outside the area.

Really it sounds like the overall quality of birmingham was poor today (and indeed for a while sadly) and so it's hard to figure out if he's being part of the problem or an exception. We've seen it with the 1st team where a couple of bad performances has a knock on effect and makes everyone look bad. I do think his loan has gone well mind, he'll be coming back a better player than when he left.

he'll have learnt an awful lot and improved his mentality having to battle in a team like that, he needs to take that fight into his pre-season with us and he'll step up a level as a result.

Good experience for him to go through the tension of a relegation fight on the last day of the season. Will test his nerve and show him that having a career in the top level is not a certain and that hard work and concentration are required in every game. Should put him in good standing to make an impact with us - not sure exactly how he will fit into our side or whether he will get an opportunity but he looks like a promising player who will definitely have a good career in the game.

Interesting,and varying,opinions of Huws.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1547115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1547115</a>

FantasyIreland said:
Interesting,and varying,opinions of Huws.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1547115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1547115</a>

Just me who thinks he's gone backwards since coming to us?

Yes he comfortable fannying about on the halfway line knocking it back to his centre halves, but he virtually never passes forward now. And I'm not talking defence splitters, I'm talking standard 10 yard passes in a vagely forward direction.

I'm not really blaming the kid, he's young and it's tough situation, but I hadn't seen it mentioned.

I said the same last night. As you say, he's a kid, and the pressure on them all last night was something he certainly wouldn't have experienced before. It'll probably do his development good though.
Not that it'll help us any.

No I just think he's playing when injured. He's not match fit but still looks like our best midfielder. He's got a big future.

I agree, he's still a player.

As I've said elsewhere - trying to blame individuals is a bit unfair at this stage. With the pressure of the situation, the general lack of confidence about the place and the constant chopping and changing, I genuinely don't think anybody can be seen in their best light. Plus some players are being played when clearly not fit.

To be honest, given the clusterfeck of a manager we have, I think judging any player now is quite hard. They all get shifted about, or in and out, see the chaos that comes from the bench, probably have little faith in what they are told and in Huws case may have been less than impressed with Clark & Robbo's last shitstorm of a press conference.

I think Huws will be a good player, maybe not in Man City's midfield but I'd say he has a prem future.

I did think that myself in recent weeks that he's not been at his best - but then its going to be more noticable when you have a 'down' period of a few games when you're in a relegation battle.

Yet again, I thought he was our best player last night

Huws has dipped and defensively is very poor. He doesn't track opponents very well. What do we expect though?

Huws will make it with a team like tottenham or everton,never at city when they can pay for a player thats better than anything theu develop.

What is it with wales developing great midfield players.

A good mf 4 for the next world cup qualifying

Ramsey, Huws, Allen, Bale. Play them in a 5 behind a lone striker and i can see them qualifying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.