Emyr Huws

Neville Kneville said:
Hughes is a decent footballer, but has got to find a niche for himself if he's to play regularly for City.

His pure football ability is not quite enough. He has to develop something extra. Hopefully he can gain that through decent competitive football.

Yep,a new contract and a season loan to a lower end Prem club(hopefully Wigan) next year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/THJBa3gOp7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/THJBa3gOp7</a>

The lad's making good progress.
A senior Welsh cap with the likes of Bale will enhance his reputation further.
Good luck to the boy.

Neville Kneville said:
Hughes is a decent footballer, but has got to find a niche for himself if he's to play regularly for City.

His pure football ability is not quite enough. He has to develop something extra. Hopefully he can gain that through decent competitive football.

The bit in bold I must take exception to, respectfully. I've seen a lot of Huws over the last 3 years and just taking into account his efforts this season at EDS level (I've only seen snippits of him at Birmingham), his actual football ability on the ball is as good if not better than Fernandinhos for me.

The issue with Huws, and its one we wont know the answer too until we see it for ourselves, is if he has the physical ability to do the off the ball work that Fernandinho does at the level he plays, which for me is second for few, if not none.

I'm not convinced Huws could play with Toure in a 2 man midfield which is what would be required. I dont think he could physically cope right now.

If Huws could get into a rotation with Toure and Fernandinho then he will have made it at the very highest level.

Huws's goal this summer should be to get himself into the same condition Fernandinho is. Follow his diet plan, how he exercises outside of training,, and do it BETTER.

Grob said:
Neville Kneville said:

The bit in bold I must take exception to, respectfully. I've seen a lot of Huws over the last 3 years and just taking into account his efforts this season at EDS level (I've only seen snippits of him at Birmingham), his actual football ability on the ball is as good if not better than Fernandinhos for me.

The issue with Huws, and its one we wont know the answer too until we see it for ourselves, is if he has the physical ability to do the off the ball work that Fernandinho does at the level he plays, which for me is second for few, if not none.

I'm not convinced Huws could play with Toure in a 2 man midfield which is what would be required. I dont think he could physically cope right now.

If Huws could get into a rotation with Toure and Fernandinho then he will have made it at the very highest level.

Huws's goal this summer should be to get himself into the same condition Fernandinho is. Follow his diet plan, how he exercises outside of training,, and do it BETTER.

Well where I would disagree there is that I think Ciy are only seeing about 30% of Fernandinho's ability at present. I think Fernandinho is in a way 'dumbing down' to play the role asked of him at City.

But at preset, Fern is quicker & much sharper.

Somehow Huws has to match that imo. But I think people will realise next season that Ferandinho is on another level as an all round footballer.

I would be delighted to be wrong though & fully respect your opinion as not being the kind of fantasy crap we often get in this area.

Starting for Wales tonight, well done to the lad.

Those of you inclined to talk about how much you hate England may wish to have a gander at the lad and see how he does.

Only just flicked over to take a look at him .... The co comm has said 'thats the first thing he's done wrong tonight' after he slightly under hit a backpass, so that sounds encouraging.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.