Emyr Huws

He has actual strengths, which to me probably means he's better than, say, Tom Cleverley, who can do nothing but accurate sideways passes, but is neither an incisive passer, goal scorer or anything special defensively. Not saying that means Huws is good enough for us (yet), but he may already be Premier League standard.

Only concern with Huws is his low pass success, it's currently at 72.4% which is worse than everyone in our squad, even the worst passer Dzeko (76%). Whether that's because he's in a Championship team or not, I'm not sure. It rose from 67% (vs. Ipswich) to 85% (vs. QPR) this weekend, though.

LoveCity said:
He has actual strengths, which to me probably means he's better than, say, Tom Cleverley, who can do nothing but accurate sideways passes, but is neither an incisive passer, goal scorer or anything special defensively. Not saying that means Huws is good enough for us (yet), but he may already be Premier League standard.

Only concern with Huws is his low pass success, it's currently at 72.4% which is worse than everyone in our squad, even the worst passer Dzeko (76%). Whether that's because he's in a Championship team or not, I'm not sure. It rose from 67% (vs. Ipswich) to 85% (vs. QPR) this weekend, though.

Don't know if the pass success analysis is that relevant? You could play 6 yard square balls all day and end up with 100%. If you are going to play defence splitting passes not all of them are going to come off. Huws is actually keeping Birmingham City alive. He was MOTM again last Saturday against QPR and up against seasoned pros and England internationals in Barton and Jenas. My fear is that City will spend big money on an import this summer and Huws goes to Newcastle, Spurs or Everton at the end of his contract and comes back to haunt us. I think he's the best British midfield prospect since Gerrard and possibly the best City home grown player since Colin Bell.

banterboy said:
I think he's the best British midfield prospect since Gerrard and possibly the best City home grown player since Colin Bell.

lol.

You probably think that because you're his mate.

I can't see him having a place if we carry on with a two man midfield, as he doesn't really offer enough of anything for that (as mentioned above). But if we switch to a 3, (more when than if, you'd imagine) then he could find himself being a useful squad member. It wouldn't hurt him to try and copy Javi Garcia a bit and try and learn from him, as Huws is similarly limited physically but already has a better range of passing. If he could copy Garcia's positioning and discipline then he could be a very useful player (which is sounds like what they want from him, with him talking a lot about trying to be a Busquets type)

Damocles said:
banterboy said:
I think he's the best British midfield prospect since Gerrard and possibly the best City home grown player since Colin Bell.

lol.

You probably think that because you're his mate.

We paid Bury £35,000 for Colin Bell mate.

But have to agree, Huws is a real prospect. Only thing that worries me about him is that he signed for Michael Owen's management company.

‏@themichaelowen
So proud of Emyr Huws making his International debut for Wales tonight. Meteoric rise and a privilege to play a part in his development.

<a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/yOisPn5ahL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/yOisPn5ahL</a>
Emyr Huws voted Birmingham City FC MOM yet again. Up against an experienced QPR midfield
that included Janus and Joey Barton. The old versus the new you might say.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:29 pm --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/yOisPn5ahL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/yOisPn5ahL</a>
Emyr Huws voted Birmingham City FC MOM yet again. Up against an experienced QPR midfield
that included Janus and Joey Barton. The old versus the new you might say.

banterboy said:
LoveCity said:

Don't know if the pass success analysis is that relevant? You could play 6 yard square balls all day and end up with 100%. If you are going to play defence splitting passes not all of them are going to come off. Huws is actually keeping Birmingham City alive. He was MOTM again last Saturday against QPR and up against seasoned pros and England internationals in Barton and Jenas. My fear is that City will spend big money on an import this summer and Huws goes to Newcastle, Spurs or Everton at the end of his contract and comes back to haunt us. I think he's the best British midfield prospect since Gerrard and possibly the best City home grown player since Colin Bell.

Blimey,looking at your previous 5 posts,thats quite a crush you've got.....

I think your blinded by your manlove but I do hope you're right.

FantasyIreland said:
banterboy said:
LoveCity said:

Blimey,looking at your previous 5 posts,thats quite a crush you've got.....

I think your blinded by your manlove but I do hope you're right.

Just calling it as I see it pal. The nurturing of talented British youngsters has always been this cub's heart and soul, and its great to see some of them start to break through. At the moment, for me he's the standout prospect. After all pal, its just BANTER!!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/10910/20140310/emyr-huws-sign-what-come-manchester-city.htm#.Ux6OTO715MU.email" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.isportstimes.com/articles/10 ... 15MU.email</a>
Interesting slant on our Youth Academy and Emyr Huws in particular

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.