End of season DVD-another pricing balls up

Abbeygoo said:
Surely they should be releasing on Blu Ray too?

Don't think so, it's just the exact footage off the OS ripped onto a disc. The quality of last seasons DVD was poor in my opinion.

I'd imagine City's cut of DVD sales remains exactly the same no matter what the eventual retail price is.

For example, Paul McCartney gets the same amount whether you buy a copy of Sgt. Pepper for £7 or £17. Consequently, I doubt the club cares what price point the DVD is being sold to end users at, especially as it's another company (Kitbag) that actually runs our retail operations. Amazon are happy to sell it at a much lower margin than Kitbag is; the impact on the club itself is non-existant.

Dubai Blue said:
I'd imagine City's cut of DVD sales remains exactly the same no matter what the eventual retail price is.

For example, Paul McCartney gets the same amount whether you buy a copy of Sgt. Pepper for £7 or £17. Consequently, I doubt the club cares what price point the DVD is being sold to end users at, especially as it's another company (Kitbag) that actually runs our retail operations. Amazon are happy to sell it at a much lower margin than Kitbag is; the impact on the club itself is non-existant.

has Sir ( not inhaled and zero LSD either it was ringo ) Paul told you this or do you just know royalty percentages intricacies mystic meg style?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.