End of Season Party vs Arsenal?!

Of course the mass exodus will be used as a stick to beat us with by fans of other clubs but I couldnt give a flying fanny.

The best one I saw this morning was a comparison between Pellegrini's goodbye yesterday and the send off for purple chops when he retired. Yep, exact same circumstances you sad rag twats ffs.

How motivational does everyone thing leaving at the final whistle will prove should the Swansea result matter?
Just a question, will players thing we owe them, not surprised fans pissed off or do you think the attitude will be fuck them, I'm off anyway.
Food for thought

the players who are staying are playing for Cl football for themselves, the cut of their wages that will disappear if they don't qualify and favour under Pep.

So they'll try regardless of whether or not they give a fuck about us.

Of course the mass exodus will be used as a stick to beat us with by fans of other clubs but I couldnt give a flying fanny.

The best one I saw this morning was a comparison between Pellegrini's goodbye yesterday and the send off for purple chops when he retired. Yep, exact same circumstances you sad rag twats ffs.
I wonder how full The Swamp will be at 5pm on Sunday? Or Woodison Park?

the players who are staying are playing for Cl football for themselves, the cut of their wages that will disappear if they don't qualify and favour under Pep.

So they'll try regardless of whether or not they give a fuck about us.
That's the problem those not staying won't give a fuck also. Hard to win when full 11 not playing 100%

We're a tough audience and we've been through hard times and adversity following our club week in week out at great expense. We can put up with losing, bad results, relegation, false dawns, etc etc. But what we won't put up with is half arsed incompetence, lethargy and apathy that have dripped isdiously down from this manager. Instead of being "embarrassed" by the party turn out, perhaps you should be proud that we aren't foamy mouthed lap dogs that will swallow up any old spin, and instead demand endeavour and "pride in battle". Makes us spoilt brats does it? Oh well. You turn up and clap next time.
Put much better than me and in much fewer words haha - this is what I meant to say.

I thought the club dropped a bollock yesterday in waiting until after the game to let Pellegrini say his goodbyes.

The atmosphere at kick off was one of the best I've witnessed this season. There is no doubt in my mind that Pellegrini would have got a standing ovation if he would have done his speech prior to kick off.

However, the magnitude of not winning that game summed up just how dreadful this league campaign has been. We have gifted United 4th place and it's no surprize that most people went home. If we would have won then I expect many people would have stayed.

I must admit I did the same and left about 5 minutes after the final whistle but I actually felt quite bad listening to Pellegrini on the radio. It's obvious that he loves the club and has tried his best, despite it not being good enough. He has remained dignified at all times and probably deserved a better send off.

The best comparison was by Adrian Durham on Drive.
He criticised his OWN team, Peterborough United for having a lap of honour (they had played poorly and got two bosses sacked)...
Then he stated Pellegrini's record was very average for the squad he has had to work with and then had a pop at City fans for not staying behind to watch a lap of honour and celebrate Pellegrini's triumphs...
You really couldn't make it up.

As to Quinn (not the City one) having a pop at empty seats tonight then perhaps he should be reminded of the Liverpool fire drill at the League Cup Final. 4/5ths gone within 3 minutes of the end of the shoot out and the rest vanished as soon as the last Liverpool player collected his losers medal.YNWA (except when you lose).

Last edited:
As a group of fans we do ourselves a massive disservice and equally earn ourselves a reputation as fickle and lacking in passion for our club.

As a group of fans (prior to the Leicester freak premier league win this season) we have been living the dream and yet we demonstrate a total lack of appreciation for the situation we have been bequeathed through the ownership of Sheikh Mansour.

I was embarrassed about the total lack of appreciation for the team and managers efforts. Has it been the perfect season? Of course not, but we have still reached a champs league semi final and won a trophy.

We have done this in the context of horrendous injuries to high profile players and having to manage high pressure fixtures with a wafer thin squad.

Khaldoon clearly understands the difficulties under which Pellegrini has been managing with FFP restrictions and during a period which the Rags, Spurs, Liverpool and arguably Arsenal were investing heavily.

I felt very sorry for Pellegrini and the players what a terrible kick in the teeth - it's clear that the opinions of Ferdinand, Quinn and Owen count more than our own chairman amongst some of our fanbase, who continually dance to their tune. That resulted in the exodus yesterday where fans clearly felt that our players and manager didn't deserve any recognition.

These are the very same players that have delivered 3 trophies in 3 years . I am embarrassed and as a PR exercise it was a disaster. Imagine Liverpool and the rags wheeling out videos of their fans on a European night then contrasting that with an empty stadium giving their 'thanks' to players and management team that have delivered trophies in their 3 year tenure.

Yet again I find myself feeling that we are not demonstrating to the world that we are not 'passionate' and 'loyal' fans but ungrateful, Disloyal and full of our own self entitlement.

As a group of fans we do ourselves a massive disservice and equally earn ourselves a reputation as fickle and lacking in passion for our club.

As a group of fans (prior to the Leicester freak premier league win this season) we have been living the dream and yet we demonstrate a total lack of appreciation for the situation we have been bequeathed through the ownership of Sheikh Mansour.

I was embarrassed about the total lack of appreciation for the team and managers efforts. Has it been the perfect season? Of course not, but we have still reached a champs league semi final and won a trophy.

We have done this in the context of horrendous injuries to high profile players and having to manage high pressure fixtures with a wafer thin squad.

Khaldoon clearly understands the difficulties under which Pellegrini has been managing with FFP restrictions and during a period which the Rags, Spurs, Liverpool and arguably Arsenal were investing heavily.

I felt very sorry for Pellegrini and the players what a terrible kick in the teeth - it's clear that the opinions of Ferdinand, Quinn and Owen count more than our own chairman amongst some of our fanbase, who continually dance to their tune. That resulted in the exodus yesterday where fans clearly felt that our players and manager didn't deserve any recognition.

These are the very same players that have delivered 3 trophies in 3 years . I am embarrassed and as a PR exercise it was a disaster. Imagine Liverpool and the rags wheeling out videos of their fans on a European night then contrasting that with an empty stadium giving their 'thanks' to players and management team that have delivered trophies in their 3 year tenure.

Yet again I find myself feeling that we are not demonstrating to the world that we are not 'passionate' and 'loyal' fans but ungrateful, Disloyal and full of our own self entitlement.
You seem to send a lot of your time embarrassed about your fellow blues,waste of energy if you ask me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.