Energy companies

I switch every year. It's a ballache and I'd rather just pay the lowest possible price for energy from a state supplier that reinvests any and all profit back into cheaper and cleaner energy without having to deal with the aggro of convoluted cancellation periods, standing charges and all the other bollocks that comes with it. I suspect 99& of people feel the same but Thatcher, Blair et al think it's important for people to have the illusion of choice even if that means overpaying a few hundred pound every year so that the chief execs get their multi-million pound salaries every year on top of the tax I pay that goes towards a regulator who does fuck all about it.

Oh yes.

Switching is a complete pain in the arse, but a modern day necessity if you don't want to be constantly ripped off by all and sundry.

One a lot of people forget about is roadside assistance. We were paying £90 pa with AA. One phone call later, and a vague threat to switch to Green Flag, and we were paying £55 for the same thing. Wankers.

Switching is a complete pain in the arse, but a modern day necessity if you don't want to be constantly ripped off by all and sundry.

One a lot of people forget about is roadside assistance. We were paying £90 pa with AA. One phone call later, and a vague threat to switch to Green Flag, and we were paying £55 for the same thing. Wankers.
I thought switching would be a pain in the arse but it was easy really. About £18 per month less now than with my previous supplier so worth doing I think.

Yes, I do the comparisons most times and switch whenever it pays to do so. I also take due note of Trust Pilot and other relevant ratings.

It's always important to compare like with like carefully, of course. For example, if one buildings policy covers flood insurance and one excludes it....

If it's highly marginal, or better the devil I know, I'll stick rather than twist.

Switch everything I can when the current deal comes to an end.
Insurance, mortgage, energy, phone and internet.
I had a long standing holiday insurance with a company because they were always cheaper, then one year their quote was £120 and I went online and got the exact same deal, with the same company for £80. And a bonus of 2 for 1 movies having bought from those loveable meerkats.
Can’t understand anyone not switching everything. I’ve had the same car insurance company for 6 years now. Every year they send me a renewal quote, I go on line and they’re always the cheapest. If available I then go through Quidco or topcashback, if not I just ring them, tell them what they’ve quoted online and they give me that price. Not complex in the slightest.....

I switch every year.
Utilities, car insurance, house buildings and contents, etc..

Shame you didn’t Ask on here first.

I’m with Octopus and they are brilliant and every customer I bring them gets them, and me, £50 credit.

Anyone else who wants to get £50 off them when signing up PM me your email and I’ll send the link.

Nice one Dennis. Just done this using a code and saved meself £100 a month. Yes, one hundred pounds. Just shows how much british fucking gas have been ripping us off. Bastards.

Also gotta say that Octopus site was a joy to read and use. Opted for a 'green' package as well, which was nice.

Nice one Dennis. Just done this using a code and saved meself £100 a month. Yes, one hundred pounds. Just shows how much british fucking gas have been ripping us off. Bastards.

Also gotta say that Octopus site was a joy to read and use. Opted for a 'green' package as well, which was nice.

£100 p/m - that's impressive. I'll have to have a look.
However, BG should be held to account for the amount of the rip off. And how long have they been getting away with that?

It's the elderly I feel for. My mum is literally used as a cash cow by every fucking organisation she is involved with, because she just doesn't have the will and the savvy to investigate her options and switch.

£100 p/m - that's impressive. I'll have to have a look.
However, BG should be held to account for the amount of the rip off. And how long have they been getting away with that?

It's the elderly I feel for. My mum is literally used as a cash cow by every fucking organisation she is involved with, because she just doesn't have the will and the savvy to investigate her options and switch.

Don’t forget my link to get £50 credited to your account.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.