Energy companies

Switching is a complete pain in the arse, but a modern day necessity if you don't want to be constantly ripped off by all and sundry.

One a lot of people forget about is roadside assistance. We were paying £90 pa with AA. One phone call later, and a vague threat to switch to Green Flag, and we were paying £55 for the same thing. Wankers.

Did the same with the AA, got a price of them then went to RAC and had a chat. The guy got it down to exactly half that of the AA so I asked him if we could seal it for 2 years at that price, he agreed and we added a third car on. Most of these guys on the end of the phone earn commisions and you are their commision so they'll do a deal.

£100 p/m - that's impressive. I'll have to have a look.
However, BG should be held to account for the amount of the rip off. And how long have they been getting away with that?

It's the elderly I feel for. My mum is literally used as a cash cow by every fucking organisation she is involved with, because she just doesn't have the will and the savvy to investigate her options and switch.

Bang on. The older generation, without the technology, get ripped off royally. In the last 6 months we've been stung by bt and bg to the tune of around £500 after our old deals ran out. You could say it's my fault for not being on the ball but i've had other shit to deal with. Given that they phone/email/txt me every other day you'd think they could tell me when my deals about to finish (and my bill double).

I recently switched to Octopus Energy. I just had enough of nPower and their collective fuckwittery. They're just too big to care anymore. And after joining this new lot I had a small query to email in and the next day I got a reply from the MD! Fairly impressive but I'm still paying £100/month for dual fuel use. I still don't see why we can't have sensible energy rates for everybody. You use 10kW in your house, that costs the same as 10kW used in the head office at Amazon UK, for example.

These small energy companies could go bust anytime becareful. An email from the MD seems small time to me.

Octopus are not small!

And in any case so what?

Your account is picked up, your energy continues uninterrupted and any credit is guaranteed by the energy ombudsman.

These small energy companies could go bust anytime becareful. An email from the MD seems small time to me.
Who gives a fuck if they do go bust? It’s not like your supply gets turned off, it gets picked up by another supplier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.