Enes Unal

the thing is we don't own him now, there is every chance another top team could be interested and he would rather go there.
We'd usually have first option as part of the clause. Probably a sell-on fee too. If he decides he doesn't want to come back here that's his own business.

Nice deal. I like it. Having armies of loanees on the books is a road to nowhere. Wonder what will happen with Moreno, Zinchenko, Celina, M.Garcia and Roberts.

I can see Manu staying with NAC he needed a step up NAC got promoted so they are in the Eredivisie now which is a step up he also seems to really enjoy his time there

Very soon young players will not bother to join us in the first place, go to a Monaco instead develop and then get bought by City 2 seasons later for 40m.

Go out on loan as the club request, score a shit ton of goals and play well and your reward is to be "possibly" sold or suffer the same fate as Itchy and we laughed when Rashford was not getting game time.

Why would you come to this conclusion? Sign with City, have access to the world's best facilities, play in the best youth competitions, improve your skill set and, at worst, get sold to another club. How is this bad? If anything, City increases their value and transfer marketability. I'd think any youth would jump at the chance even if they felt they'd never play for City's first team.

City maximizes each respective youth's value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good business. For Unal it's a step up in club and league. Better than a loan deal imho. As it is now Unal won't feature in a City team and within his development he needs to play. As does Iheanacho who I would rank maybe a tad better than Unal (hard to compare though). The buyback clause means that City still hold expectations towards the player and Unal should see this as positive.

Sign for 2m, sell for 12m, buyback for 17.5m

If we end up buying him back it will mean we will have signed a top young ST with years of first team football experience for £7.5m. If we don't we will have made a 10m profit on someone who has never played for us.
I rate him highly so slightly sad to see him go but you can't complain with that, plus it gives us more wriggle room for signings this summer.

If we end up buying him back it will mean we will have signed a top young ST with years of first team football experience for £7.5m. If we don't we will have made a 10m profit on someone who has never played for us.
I rate him highly so slightly sad to see him go but you can't complain with that, plus it gives us more wriggle room for signings this summer.
Especially given his work permit issues, which will obviously be solved if he's a success at Villarreal (and thanks to the transfer fee too). Shrewd business.

Sounds on paper like a great deal for all parties. First to knock City in the transfer market but if we make money and have a buy back option it's a good deal.

Makes sense, he can't get a work permit so we may as well get some money from him and keep the option of getting him back when he can get the permit ifhe turns out good enough

Effectively means we have no intention of finding out his potential in our PL team but just in case.......
Seems this will be the max that any young player we sign can expect unless other teams have proved them at a high level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.