England finish 4th.

Fuck me. Harry Kane is going to be awarded a trophy for the 'best' forward in the world cup.

Harry Kane, the striker who has scored the most goals, will be awarded the golden boot, yes. That okay? xx

Overall,while the final was a tad anti climactic ,its been a brilliant tournament that I didn't expect to enjoy half as much as i have.
Its bridged the gap in the domestic game too,which is a huge bonus!

Just a quick word if thanks to @MCFC1993 for his efforts in making and updating the WC threads,a job well done pal :-)

We were poor but it was fun. That's about it for me.

It's going to be less fun at the Euros when people are expecting this team to be 2 years older and ready to take on the world. And we're still shit.

First main problem with England is we don't have anyone like de Bruyne. Not even close. In fact, our midfield looked an obvious weakness all the way.

Second main problem is that fans of the Rags and Redscouse put pressure on the manager to pick indifferent players, just because they don't play for City.

I am quite pleased, actually. I have thought for a long time that we were slowly going the way of Scotland. That descent has been arrested, the key is now to find more quality players who know how to pass a ball and aren't afraid of being in possession. The influence of Pep on English football is going to turn out a major bonus, and there are a couple more managers out there who have (broadly) got the right idea. We are at last moving away from the dinosaur era.
Mason Mount plays similarly to de Bruyne. Southgate will be calling him up soon.

You've just made that up.
So why did we create so little from open play? Most of our attacks were designed to win corners, have the ball at our back 3 passing it around or having right down the other end of the pitch. The entire set up was to hide the lack of ability on the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.