England squad announced for Nations League

How has Dier not been called up but Maguire and Coady have? Southgate made the excuse that Dier plays in a 3 and he's not sure if England will play with 3 or 4 at the back, but Coady has only ever played in a 3. Not to mention he's garbage - just a passion merchant.

Thought Sessegnon would be perfect for the LWB role too with his current form of late.
Coady is not even English

Southgate has called up Maguire for the Four Nations internationals next month. What does he see in him that everyone else can't. Very odd.

I guess he picked Maguire because he said he would only pick in form players and not who they play for.

Southgate a man of his word

I realise this says more about me than anything else, but I've never even heard of James Justin. Didn't know who he played for, he must have been standing out for Leicester and putting in some impressive displays and yet I'd never heard of him.
In fairness to JJ he was outstanding for us (Leicester) last season, then picked up a bad injury (as did most of our defence) last season and has been out for 10 months. He’d been getting rave reviews after we’d signed him for £11m from Luton.

Bizarrely, he’s not looked the same player since coming back from the injury and I’d question how he’s managed a call up and James Maddison who is in the form
If his life, has been overlooked yet again.

The inclusion of Coady, Maguire and White over Dier is bizarre.

In fairness to JJ he was outstanding for us (Leicester) last season, then picked up a bad injury (as did most of our defence) last season and has been out for 10 months. He’d been getting rave reviews after we’d signed him for £11m from Luton.

Bizarrely, he’s not looked the same player since coming back from the injury and I’d question how he’s managed a call up and James Maddison who is in the form
If his life, has been overlooked yet again.

The inclusion of Coady, Maguire and White over Dier is bizarre.
Maddison has some "off the field" issues.

If he played for another City they'd be all over the news.

Southgate has called up Maguire for the Four Nations internationals next month. What does he see in him that everyone else can't. Very odd.

Slabhead has always been solid for England so it is the right call. Some players just perform better for their country than their club for whatever reason. Foden for example is wasted in the England team.

Coady in the squad is a joke though. He rarely plays anyway and he is shite. No idea why he would bother picking him over better options.

Maddison should have had a call up but Southgate clearly doesn't like his attitude or behaviour off the pitch and will continue to leave him out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.