England squad

GStar said:
Capello: I will only pick players who are playing regularly for their cluband who are also in good form.

Wes Brown? Peter Crouch? Emile Heskey?

How about; Carlton Cole, Darren Bent, Gary Cahill, Kevin Davies is probably better than Heskey

How about 8 out of 8 and qualified for the world cup with two games to spare?? The man knows what he is doing and there is a reason why Cole, Bent and Davies have not been picked and Brown, Crouch and Heskey have.

GStar said:
Capello: I will only pick players who are playing regularly for their cluband who are also in good form.

How about; Carlton Cole, Darren Bent, Gary Cahill, Kevin Davies is probably better than Heskey

Capello knows what he is doing. Brown can play at right-back, Johnson will obviously be first choice in that position, but you need back up if he was to get injured, and what other decent English right-backs are available? I'm struggling to think of any. Crouch's goalscoring record for England speaks for itself, and Heskey has been playing well for England. I remember once hearing from a Birmingham fan who was a season ticket holder. When Heskey was at Birmingham he said that Heskey works harder than almost every forward he had seen in 25 years of watching football and he contributes so much, and in 4 games against Liverpool and 5 against Aston Villa, Carragher and Mellberg didnt win one header against him.

I Might have a bet on England to lose this one, it doesn't matter, no one will be watching it and its a long way away.

Our 'precious' England squad will be under strict instructions from their club bosses not to over exert themselves so I could see it being a grim defeat.

That said they very fact this game is a dead rubber is credit to the hard work done previously, usually it is a mad scramble to try and qualify, this makes a nice change, even if it results in a dull international week

Unknown_Genius said:
GStar said:

Capello knows what he is doing. Brown can play at right-back, Johnson will obviously be first choice in that position, but you need back up if he was to get injured, and what other decent English right-backs are available? I'm struggling to think of any. Crouch's goalscoring record for England speaks for itself, and Heskey has been playing well for England. I remember once hearing from a Birmingham fan who was a season ticket holder. When Heskey was at Birmingham he said that Heskey works harder than almost every forward he had seen in 25 years of watching football and he contributes so much, and in 4 games against Liverpool and 5 against Aston Villa, Carragher and Mellberg didnt win one header against him.

Erm...Richards?Played more minutes than Brown this season and is the better player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.