England Thread 13/14

mat said:
Ruhr said:
germany is playing a B side tomorrow. Useless match
Is the comedy frieberg keeper in goal?

Half the midfield injured and other rested. Engerland will win and be lauded as world champions.....

You say this but looking at who 'might' be playing for them tomorrow I still think they have the better players haha.

Lord thats depressing.

The world cup and international football is still the highest stage for me and nothing compares to England doing well in the world cup. We are going through a bit of a transitional period after a great generation of players. It's not just due to fitness and an increase in international games that the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Beckham and Rooney will all reach 100 caps.

The next generation not as promising, but we have quite a couple of world class players in the making with the likes of Wilshere, Barkley and Jones. Then guys like Sturridge, Zaha, Shaw and Smalling have the potential to be very good too.

supercrystal7 said:
The world cup and international football is still the highest stage for me and nothing compares to England doing well in the world cup. We are going through a bit of a transitional period after a great generation of players. It's not just due to fitness and an increase in international games that the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Beckham and Rooney will all reach 100 caps.

The next generation not as promising, but we have quite a couple of world class players in the making with the likes of Wilshere, Barkley and Jones. Then guys like Sturridge, Zaha, Shaw and Smalling have the potential to be very good too.

mj-laughing.gif

ban-mcfc said:
supercrystal7 said:

mj-laughing.gif
I don't get what is so funny. At the moment he lacks a bit of discipline and his versatility has worked against him. I believe let him play centre back and he had all the required skills to become one of the best.

supercrystal7 said:
ban-mcfc said:
supercrystal7 said:

mj-laughing.gif
I don't get what is so funny. At the moment he lacks a bit of discipline and his versatility has worked against him. I believe let him play centre back and he had all the required skills to become one of the best.

If you believe that Philip Jones of Manchester Utd has the talent required to ever be in the same bracket as the world's best footballers, then you are an utter buffoon.

And it's there in black and white you using the word "world class".

bammy blue said:
Free holiday in Brazil till they get knocked out after the group stages.

Yes because reaching the last 16 is disgraceful out of 200 countries in the world

After watching the past few under-21 games I really want to see Ward-Prowse, Shaw, Morrison, Barkley, Ince, Hughes, Lingard and Berahino all getting a proper look in for the senior national side with the hope of them all playing in Euro16.

Time to bring in the next generation and take the risk!!

sam-caddick said:
After watching the past few under-21 games I really want to see Ward-Prowse, Shaw, Morrison, Barkley, Ince, Hughes, Lingard and Berahino all getting a proper look in for the senior national side with the hope of them all playing in Euro16.

Time to bring in the next generation and take the risk!!
Throwing in a bunch of kids with no experience can get very messy. I've never believed in the 'if they are good enough they will make it line'. Too many young players get destroyed by pressure/overplaying. A young team being thumped 5-0 in the world cup by the likes of Holland/Germany and then losing to say Greece would not be great for their development. I would take a healthy blend of youth this tournament. Barkley, Jones, Smalling, Butland and possibly Berahino. After the world cup is when I will focus on rebuilding for the Euro's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.